weather glitch

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

weather glitch

Postby eno » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:43 pm

I have just done the lastest update and now I'm having problems when anything other than clear skies is selected on the weather menu.

As soon as clouds are introduced the screen starts strobing the clouds in and out no matter what view is selected ... inside or out the clouds are strobing across the full screen.

Anyone else having this problem?
eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: weather glitch

Postby expat » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:27 am

eno wrote:I have just done the lastest update and now I'm having problems when anything other than clear skies is selected on the weather menu.

As soon as clouds are introduced the screen starts strobing the clouds in and out no matter what view is selected ... inside or out the clouds are strobing across the full screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

Not seen this problem. Are you getting the same thing in real weather too?

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eno » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:42 pm

yep ... as soon as clouds come onto the scene ... boom strobing clouds .. no matter what density altitude etc etc etc.
eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby expat » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:12 pm

eno wrote:yep ... as soon as clouds come onto the scene ... boom strobing clouds .. no matter what density altitude etc etc etc.

I am not seeing this problem.
Have you tried a graphics driver update. No saying what MS have done with the update that could giving your graphic card a hard time. Maybe lowering the graphics setting on the clouds themselves also??

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020