What happened to the Arizona?

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

What happened to the Arizona?

Postby Sinkrate » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:57 am

One of my first flights in FS 2020 was from Honolulu ITL. to see the Arizona and stone me, it’s not even there! WTF, even FS9 and FSX had the Arizona as a standard feature; well, it’s a matter of respect, surely!

Niagra falls was also singularly disappointing compared to previous versions of FS.

Chernobyl –nyet!

Fukushima – the clue is in the name!

I thought Mickey would have taken the opportunity to recognize recent world changing events such as nuclear disasters in the sim, especially as they have gone to the trouble of beautifying places like New York, London, and Paris etc. Do we have to purchase specific extra downloads to fill in the gaps?
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: What happened to the Arizona?

Postby cevans » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:38 am

You will find lots of things missing and the areas are pretty vague satellite shots of planet earth from Bing maps. Some areas are pretty good. Some not. Likewise with buildings.

The great thing is that it seems to be not that difficult to create scenery using Google Earth 'Photogrammetry' . Many videos describe how to do it. Here is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7oQaKPTlo&t=561s

So in theory the potential seems to be limited only by your HD capacity and maybe your PC
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: What happened to the Arizona?

Postby Sinkrate » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:12 am

So in theory the potential seems to be limited only by your HD capacity and maybe your PC

Thanks cevans, I'll give it a go when I have time, but it seems a bit of a faff to have to do that to correct every little detail. :(
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020