Lots of undoing stuff just to fly

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Lots of undoing stuff just to fly

Postby striker » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:48 pm

I was wondering why every time I moved my mouse to change settings, or minimise screen, the aircraft would go crazy.
Also using the default keys, such as flaps or reverse thrust, as in P3D or FSX , have varying control effects in 'MSFS'. And despite setting up joystick controls they would not work. At all!.

It's a pain but this has to be done. You have to remove a whole pile of default keyboard and mouse settings and assignments, otherwise your joystick will not do as you have set it up to do. Because of conflicts with default assignments.

And according to my experience so far. Out of the box. It is very gamey rather than a simulator. To make it more like a real aircraft you really do have to go through a lot of tedious undoing and unticking of default keyboard and mouse assignments.

But overall it will be a great sim. Will require a lot of individual customisation. Patches (I guess though I'm not totally sure about these so far). Mods by individuals.

I look forward to the likes of Erwin Welker's cars and boats being adapted. Wonder how the sim would accept road travel? I somehow doubt it would work, as things are now. But the potential is there for virtual global land travel too

Good video but many others too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVJXS6NlM0&t=128s

I also get the impression that it is better with different joysticks but it did not like mine by default and I had to set it all up manually. It may also be that before the 1st patch I got a new joystick and the 1st patch didn't realise that?
My aircraft still flutter around like a leave in the air. Working on that stability too
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Lots of undoing stuff just to fly

Postby Sinkrate » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:19 pm

My aircraft still flutter around like a leave in the air. Working on that stability too

I had that trouble as well. After a lot of faffing about and dicking around (my usual method of solving computer problems) I found that if you set the filter to “all” instead of “assigned” it will enable you to set the joystick to analogue instead of incremental control and will be a lot smoother. There is nothing in the manual about this of course! :whistle:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020