What ever you don't.....

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

What ever you don't.....

Postby expat » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:50 pm

I have had a problem for the last week or so, the logbook in the sim has not been updating. I have finally found out what the problem is.
I had set developer mode as I could change aircraft in flight. There is a bug with developer mode at the moment. If you are in this mode, the sim will not record any fights to your logbook.
If you want a current logbook, by all means fiddle about with developer mode, but don't forget to turn it off if you want your hours recorded.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: What ever you don't.....

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Bugger! :-x

Wish I'd known about this a while ago, would've had nearly 60-ish hours logged instead of the 36 hours I currently have right now!

Only enabled Developer mode to swap into different aircraft on the fly ('scuse the pun!)

Thanks for the heads up!

Keith.
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fenson » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:43 am

So you can change planes in flight? <<q Must give this a try this evening when I get home, the only thing left I guess is good ol' "TOWER VIEW ", but even if that never happens, this Sim is "AWESOME!" :D
Fenson
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby expat » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:42 am

SpaceHippy1975 wrote:Bugger! :-x

Wish I'd known about this a while ago, would've had nearly 60-ish hours logged instead of the 36 hours I currently have right now!

Only enabled Developer mode to swap into different aircraft on the fly ('scuse the pun!)

Thanks for the heads up!

Keith.

Yup, my hours would be well over fifty if I had found this out earlier.....

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020