Unable to click with mouse in Game fs 2020

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Unable to click with mouse in Game fs 2020

Postby Bruce » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Hi good day to all. I am having a problem clicking or changing settings such direction or changing the radios or gauges with the mouse while in the game this just start happen recently. Can i get help on how to fix this. Thanks in advance
Bruce
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Unable to click with mouse in Game fs 2020

Postby expat » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:15 am

Bruce wrote:Hi good day to all. I am having a problem clicking or changing settings such direction or changing the radios or gauges with the mouse while in the game this just start happen recently. Can i get help on how to fix this. Thanks in advance

Are you by chance running the Sim with two monitors?

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:19 pm

I have had the same issue occasionally .... the zoom on the centre wheel goes and left clicking to move switches and knobs ceases. only using one monitor :roll:
eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby expat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:45 pm

Try running the sim in window mode. It would appear that the sim occasionally thinks the mouse is either active in a second monitor (my case) or active on the desktop. If you are in windows mode, you can exit to desktop and return, this will realign the mouse.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020