Water Runways

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Water Runways

Postby Shane Stachwick » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:49 pm

Anybody know where I could find seaplane bases in FS2020? I looked around where I knew a bunch were in FSX and I couldn't seem to find them.

Bonus points if anybody knows of one within the Icon A-5's range of Paderborn Lippstadt Airport (EDLP), I've been doing a lot of flying in and out of there with the land-based aircraft to enjoy the freeware airport upgrade.
<<r
Shane Stachwick
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Water Runways

Postby expat » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:24 am

Shane Stachwick wrote:Anybody know where I could find seaplane bases in FS2020? I looked around where I knew a bunch were in FSX and I couldn't seem to find them.

Bonus points if anybody knows of one within the Icon A-5's range of Paderborn Lippstadt Airport (EDLP), I've been doing a lot of flying in and out of there with the land-based aircraft to enjoy the freeware airport upgrade.
<<r

Möhnesee is the closes place to PAD, but does not have a base of course. Also have you downloaded the EDLP scenery package....

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Shane Stachwick » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:41 am

Yup. Got it via the in-game marketplace. I think it’s a cool little package, very kind of Aerosoft to make it free. Mainly I’ve been flying there to enjoy the detail.
Shane Stachwick
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby expat » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:12 am

Shane Stachwick wrote:Yup. Got it via the in-game marketplace. I think it’s a cool little package, very kind of Aerosoft to make it free. Mainly I’ve been flying there to enjoy the detail.

I worked at PAD for 15 years and am still involved with QUAX. I can tell you, that the detail of that package is incredible.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020