OMG!

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

OMG!

Postby cevans » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:46 pm

Is it just me or are the MSFS 2020 flight models just a complete joke as they are out of the box? I have been trying!

My flying is like flying in a gale force storm. Slight bank and the aircraft pitches 90-180 degrees! I tried disabling crash and it still crashes and I have to start over. It's just nothing like real flying. And yes I know real flying.

I am trying to adjust realism settings. the more 'realistic' the more ridiculous.

Could be my joystick but it is perfect in FSX and P3D. Perfect!

Am I missing something or ????

It's a shame because scenery is best yet. I guess these are all beta issues which will eventually be resolved. This must be a common issue.

&& VERY VERY GAMY!!!! :doh:
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: OMG!

Postby expat » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:35 am

I am guessing you are "missing something" or you have a problem with your controller, works fine for me.
As for everyone complaining about the reality of the flight dynamics, there are some real world professional pilots on Youtube who have made lots of videos reviewing the Sim and report that it is very realistic......Maybe it is jumping from FSX to FS2020 that is the problem..?

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby papituwall » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:51 am

Jumping from FSX to MSFS is not the same as jumpimg form Xplane or DCS.
MSFS has the possibility of choosing two flight models: "Modern" or "Heritage" (FSX). Those that prefere "flight on rails" can select Heritage
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby hertzie » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:50 am

Yeah, it's always the same: criticism is not wanted. There are few who have the personality to accept that what you have made is not what users expect. Flying in MSFS IS horrible. I also know what real flying is and the sim doesn't come even close to the neighborhood of it. MSFS is made by stubborn gamers, for why should you listen to flightsimmers?

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby expat » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:00 am

Same old, same old......I seem to remember everyone criticised FSX when that first came out too, give it a chance. A patch is due tomorrow if the tech sites are correct. FSX had several service packs before that was got right.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby pete » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:19 am

Give it time guys. Sure some of the flight models are absolutely crap but others arent that bad. They fly very differently I am finding.

Delighted also to see some freeware now being released and FSX versions converted! I just checked out the C-47 to not only make sure it's ok but also to add it to our FB page and WOW - must be the best aircraft for MSFS yet!!! Flies nicely too. Best I've flown.

Likewise with scenery. I live in an old cottage but my house looks like a concrete bunker, with almost everything in the wrong place.

But Microsoft have always released software onto the world that is far from perfect and depends on user feedback.
You can be sure there will be patches. And we can relax about freeware. It's happening 8-) <<q
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby expat » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:16 am

pete wrote:I just checked out the C-47 to not only make sure it's ok but also to add it to our FB page and WOW - must be the best aircraft for MSFS yet!!! Flies nicely too. Best I've flown.

Is this not on general release yet, I have hunted high and low and cannot find it.....?

Matt

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby francsal » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:50 am

expat wrote:Same old, same old......I seem to remember everyone criticised FSX when that first came out too, give it a chance. A patch is due tomorrow if the tech sites are correct. FSX had several service packs before that was got right.

Matt

Oh do I remember those days!

"Why release a simulator that no computer on earth can run?"

"If i want to have the same FPS as FS2004, I have to lower the graphics so much that it looks WORSE than FS2000!!"

"The planes are unflyable, with the FPS so low!!"

"So M$ wants me to get a whole new computer just for their simulator, and even then it will not run it well??"

I do remember that it literally took years before FSX became the sim that most of us wanted. And plenty of add ons. And then it became a product that held for years and years. In fact many here still use it, even when there are other more modern options out there (before FS2020). So, my point is that it will also take some time before FS2020 becomes the sim that most of us will want.

In my particular case, I do like the eye candy. I mean, I look at all the changes from FS3 (my first sim) to what we have today, and I cannot cease to be amazed by how much it has improved. And instead of focusing on the (multitude) of areas that FS2020 has to improve, I prefer to enjoy the good points it has. I can always launch XP11 if I want to get back to more advanced "realistic" planes.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Peace.

Frank.
francsal
Captain
Captain

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020