ordering details

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

ordering details

Postby Cusance » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Several things arent clear to me. For example the ordering procedure.
The site shows a DOWNLOAD button. So I must assume you will be able to download some version
you can fly offline but if you want weather and other stuff then you need to be online.??
But do you also need to invest in one of those XBox passes?
I am not interested in looking at 'a hundred games' etc. Only the Fligjht Simulator.
Another question is how do you fly? Keyboard and mouse or does it recognise a yoke?

posts elsewhere seem to suggest Spad.Next is looking at compatibility with the new Flight Simulator?
If anyone has any answers to this then please let us know.
I am quite interested in the Luxe version but these issues arent clear to me.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: ordering details

Postby Cusance » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:09 pm

partially answering my own question I found this on the Spad.Next forum which seems good news.

"The current Version of SPAD.neXt basically support's MSFS2020 already. If you start SPAD.neXt when MSFS is running, SPAD.neXt should recognize it and most of the stuff will be working as expected.
There will be a post about what is to be expected to be supported by SPAD.neXt apart from the basic SimConnect as soon as possible."
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:56 pm

As there are no dumb questions: what is SPAD.next?

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Cusance » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:41 am

hertzie wrote:As there are no dumb questions: what is SPAD.next?

hertzie

many people use the Saitek hardware addons like yoke, instrument panels etc. However the Saitek drivers and software (now logitech) dont always work well
and it is complicated to alter settings, program buttons and switches.
Spad.Next is a clever software system that makes it easy to do all this and make these addons work well
with both FSX and P3D. It replaces the saitek (logitech) drivers and provides a friendly and effective programming interface.
Once you get use to it, its easy to use. Now.
But will this all work with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator?
There is no communication from the Microsoft team at all on this. So they show nice videos and demos but there is no detail on
how you fly hands on. Mouse? Keyboard?, does it recognise the basic logitech and other make, add ons?
However from posts on the Spad.Next forum it would suggest that their software will work with the new flight simulator. Well, 'most' functions.
So there is more to do and it seems they are working on this. but this is good news.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Cusance » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:51 am

There is more confusion (well at least for me, what isnt too difficult :(

this on the FAQ from Microsoft in-Sim Questions, which seems to suggest that these peripherals will work straight out of the box ??

Q: What are the recommended peripherals to use to play Microsoft Flight Simulator?
A: Most peripherals will work, but here is our list of top recommendations.

Honeycomb Aeronautical ALPHA FLIGHT CONTROLS - YOKE AND SWITCH PANEL

Logitech

Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

Flight Rudder Pedals

Flight Throttle Quadrant

Flight Yoke System

X52

X52 Pro

X56 H.O.T.A.S
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:34 am

Not really confusing, those are all basically USB type things, the PC & sims normally see them as fancy joysticks, & I'm sure that there will be a type of key assignment settings.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby captjim » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:25 am

Hi fellow simmers, Captjim here again. Have a question (or 2) about this new program. In reviewing some of the FAQ I noticed that only Europe will get the disk version. What gives?? Are we orphans or what?? What if I download (off the internet) and my computer goes South, will I have to buy a new program?? Will Microsoft eventually send the program to Wal-mart, Best Buy, or others??.. I am sure that there will be other FAQ's that will/should be addressed. Keep healthy, Captjim
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Doering » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:42 pm

captjim wrote:Hi fellow simmers, Captjim here again. Have a question (or 2) about this new program. In reviewing some of the FAQ I noticed that only Europe will get the disk version. What gives?? Are we orphans or what?? What if I download (off the internet) and my computer goes South, will I have to buy a new program?? Will Microsoft eventually send the program to Wal-mart, Best Buy, or others??.. I am sure that there will be other FAQ's that will/should be addressed. Keep healthy, Captjim

Hi,

You will always have your registration/serial number for your purchase. In the off chance your computer goes south, you always be able to download again, without a repurchase. I assume the disc version will eventually come to the America’s and sold by software company’s.
My latest video at The Flight Level - World's Most Dangerous Approach - RNAV (RNP) Landing RWY 15 at Paro Airport- Bhutan - 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2KxjLdJgY&t=1084s
Doering
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby captjim » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:46 am

Thanks Doering for the timely response. Since I have been a fellow simmer for a while I had an inkling that MS would eventually put this program in a disk that can be ordered/purchased here in the good old USA. Thanks again and keep healthy, captjim
captjim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Cusance » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:40 pm

captjim wrote:Hi fellow simmers, Captjim here again. Have a question (or 2) about this new program. In reviewing some of the FAQ I noticed that only Europe will get the disk version. What gives?? Are we orphans or what?? What if I download (off the internet) and my computer goes South, will I have to buy a new program?? Will Microsoft eventually send the program to Wal-mart, Best Buy, or others??.. I am sure that there will be other FAQ's that will/should be addressed. Keep healthy, Captjim

I think this is an EU regulation.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020