Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18

Postby papituwall » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:01 am

papituwall
Captain
Captain

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18

Postby Doering » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:25 pm

That means a relatively short beta testing period! The program must be in great shape to post a release date!
My latest video at The Flight Level - World's Most Dangerous Approach - RNAV (RNP) Landing RWY 15 at Paro Airport- Bhutan - 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2KxjLdJgY&t=1084s
Doering
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Nighthawk117 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:01 pm

20+ planes but doesnt say which ones
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Nighthawk117 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:06 pm

just found an article think i may have to wait for price to dip abit.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 looks somewhat incredible, with cloud-powered detail across a near-to-scale recreation of the entire planet Earth. The next entry may prove to be the most authentic simulation game of all time, but it wouldn't be complete without a large list of aircraft to go with it.

To that end, Microsoft has now provided us with the full list of aircraft you can expect to see in the game at launch. However, some of them are split across both the deluxe and premium editions, which come in far more expensive than the base version. With those editions priced at $90, and $120, respectively, prepare your wallet for the full experience.

With Microsoft finalizing its Flight Simulator launch plans, we've wrapped up every confirmed aircraft for the August 18 debut.

Complete list of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 planes
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Source: Microsoft

Microsoft Flight Simulator launches with 20 aircraft available to all players, from single-engine light aircraft to the world's prominent passenger jets. The base game ships with an extensive initial roster, differing in aircraft type and hailing from varying manufacturers. The following lineup is available to both standard editions or accessed through Xbox Game Pass.

Airbus A320neo Aviat Pitts Special S2S Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental CubCrafters XCub Daher TBM 930 Diamond DA62 Diamond DA40 NG EXTRA 330LT Flight Design CTLS ICON A5 JMB VL-3 Robin CAP 10 Robin DR400-100 Cadet Beechcraft Bonanza G36 Beechcraft King Air 350i Cessna 152 Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000) Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX Cessna Citation CJ4 Zlin Savage Cub
Planes exclusive to Deluxe Edition, Premium Deluxe Edition
An upgrade to the Deluxe Edition packs an additional five planes and handcrafted airports, headlined by various personal light aircraft.

Diamond DA40-TDI Diamond DV20 Beechcraft Baron G58 Cessna 152 Aerobat Cessna 172 Skyhawk
Planes exclusive to Premium Deluxe Edition
The Premium Deluxe variant of Microsoft Flight Simulator enables the full experience, with 30 planes included with this package. That includes light aircraft through to the wide-body Boeing 787 Dreamliner in service across various airlines today.

Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner Cirrus SR22 Pipistrel Virus SW 121 Cessna Citation Longitude Zlin Shock Ultra
Which aircraft would you still like to see with Microsoft Flight Simulator? Sound off in the comments below.
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:57 pm

ABSOLUTELY UN-INTERESTING AIRCRAFT, all modern planes. What a shame!

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby PsychoDiablo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:42 pm

hertzie wrote:ABSOLUTELY UN-INTERESTING AIRCRAFT, all modern planes. What a shame!

hertzie

3rd party aircraft are mobetta anyway
PsychoDiablo
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 am

One thing I find quite incredible is this: The option to add 3rd party aircraft and scenery, etc is what made MSFS what it is today and gave it it's longetivity and durability. For decades now. It was the primary mistake MS made with Microsoft Flight.

Yet in the FAQ, and everything I read on the website, no mention of 3rd party I can see. And especially freeware. No one kid themselves.

Freeware addons made MSFS. 100's millions of downloads over the years at simviation alone.

One clue may be that the Premium Delux edition contains '40 airports' - what about the rest? ;)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:21 am

The 40 airports are super detailed, all the others are there, but not in such detail as the 40 mentioned.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:18 am

I think I will give it a few months after release before committing to Microsoft Flight Simulator and I'm happy with what I have now so a few months extra is not going to make a big difference to me and it will give me time to read reviews after release and see if it lives up to all of the hype or has any serious flaws.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby ftldave » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:57 am

Sorry to see, as I expected, no F/A-18 Hornet or any other military aircraft to be included. But, no surprise. It's 2020 and corporate sensibilities, sensitivities, have changed since FSX in 2006. But still, a non-combative C-17 or C-5 would have been nice.
:cry:
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Very_Old_Man » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:11 am

I did a brief check. Best I can tell, the cost is to be $60US. Oh...my mistake...only $59.99!
Since I don't have have an Windows10 oS anyway, I shall remain here.
Very_Old_Man
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Cusance » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:30 pm

pete wrote:One thing I find quite incredible is this: The option to add 3rd party aircraft and scenery, etc is what made MSFS what it is today and gave it it's longetivity and durability. For decades now. It was the primary mistake MS made with Microsoft Flight.

Yet in the FAQ, and everything I read on the website, no mention of 3rd party I can see. And especially freeware. No one kid themselves.

Freeware addons made MSFS. 100's millions of downloads over the years at simviation alone.

One clue may be that the Premium Delux edition contains '40 airports' - what about the rest? ;)

In all fairness, maybe a bit early to jump to conclusions. There are lots of things that arent clear at the moment.
For example will spad.Next interface with it and thus safeguard investment in Saitek and other equipment.
I think Spad.Next is looking at this but not sure.
As far as scenery is concerned, having seen what at top resolution and download speed this simulator provides, I think
only photoreal scenery will be worth looking at by third parties.

creating planes for this simulator will involve a hell of a learning curve.
But I am sure that there will be. That was clearly stated by the Simulator team.
I think it is going to take a while. Personally I would always want to start with the package
as provided and only once I totally understood it, would I think of adding stuff.
Lets wait and see. Its very early days. One thing I am sure of, they HAVE learned from the 'flight' debacle
and I dont think that this team is about to make the same mistakes.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:51 am

Dave T wrote:I think I will give it a few months after release before committing to Microsoft Flight Simulator and I'm happy with what I have now so a few months extra is not going to make a big difference to me and it will give me time to read reviews after release and see if it lives up to all of the hype or has any serious flaws.

I am of the same mind on this. I don't rush in to things just because they are new. I like to observe for a while in order to see if they are new.......... and good. I really do hope that FS2020 is excellent , but time will tell.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Cusance » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:35 pm

pete wrote:
...................One clue may be that the Premium Delux edition contains '40 airports' - what about the rest? ;)

Thats hand crafted very detailed airports. The thousands others are more generic. This is obviously going to be an area for third party add ons.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020