PC Minimum Requirements Released

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

PC Minimum Requirements Released

Postby B0ikat » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:57 am

https://www.engadget.com/microsoft-flig ... 57548.html

"A minimum spec machine requires at least an AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or Intel i5-4460 CPU, both of which are several generations old. You’ll also need either a Radeon RX 570 or NVIDIA GTX 770 GPU with at least 2GB of VRAM, along with 8GB of RAM, a 150GB hard drive and a 5 Mbps connection"
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: PC Minimum Requirements Released

Postby B0ikat » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:49 am

I would add that a minimum spec PC would probably mean it will "fly" like a minimum spec PC for FSX: All variables set to minimum value; No AI, Minimal auto gen, minimal weather, etc., and not be acceptable to most users.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Would guess the real world scenery stream is really going to test our internet connections. Apart from that probably wait 'n see .... and adjust settings accordingly.

I am personally looking forward to this more than any MSFS ever. & I've been flying computer sims from way back when it was a few dots on a black screen in the pre windows days. Got the Bruce artwick Flight Simulator before Microsoft bought it.

And the ground textures have always been the biggest let down for anyone flying VFR. Flying in a realistic virtual world is just the beginning of something potentially phenomenal.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Roypcox » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:12 am

Get info , thanks to both of you!!!
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby papituwall » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:13 am

This will be more clear:

papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Bofredrik » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 pm

I use FS2004 and like it BUT it would be hard to say no to this new sim...
Thanks for the spec. <<q
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pegger » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:36 pm

My last computer rebuild was done to enjoy FSX. I am anticipating that this new FS release will be the reason for my next computer build.

The only thing I am wanting to know more about, is if they make the SDK open to all. It would be a shame if only payware companies were given access to SDK, and hobbyists were left out of add-on creation. In fact, no public SDK might be the difference between whether or not I buy the new sim.

Fingers crossed!
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby fcerven » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:13 pm

pegger wrote:My last computer rebuild was done to enjoy FSX. I am anticipating that this new FS release will be the reason for my next computer build.

The only thing I am wanting to know more about, is if they make the SDK open to all. It would be a shame if only payware companies were given access to SDK, and hobbyists were left out of add-on creation. In fact, no public SDK might be the difference between whether or not I buy the new sim.

Fingers crossed!

My situation is similar to yours. A new PC for FSX about 8 years ago and a couple of upgrades since (SSD and rtx 2070 Super) just a week ago. The rest of the PC is waiting for the FS.

I too am wondering about the hobbyists and freeware developers. Does anyone know if any of them have access to the SDK or alpha? Surely telling is not prohibited by the NDA.

If they are not included, My plans for the new FS and PC upgrade may be put on hold.

Hoping for the best,

Fred.
fcerven
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby GunnerMan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:19 pm

fcerven wrote:
pegger wrote:My last computer rebuild was done to enjoy FSX. I am anticipating that this new FS release will be the reason for my next computer build.

Fingers crossed!

My situation is similar to yours. A new PC for FSX about 8 years ago and a couple of upgrades since (SSD and rtx 2070 Super) just a week ago. The rest of the PC is waiting for the FS.

I too am wondering about the hobbyists and freeware developers. Does anyone know if any of them have access to the SDK or alpha? Surely telling is not prohibited by the NDA.

If they are not included, My plans for the new FS and PC upgrade may be put on hold.

Hoping for the best,

Fred.

I am very curious about this too. In general, public SDK's are a thing of the past in the gaming world. I hope FS is different here but I am sure this was no cheap project and I am sure they have talked about ways to continually make money on it. Especially since this is a game that requires MS to maintain infrastructure for. The bandwidth demands on the data storage services will be significant. That said, I think they understand that the hobbyist community in FS plays more of a part than it does in other games.

If I had to guess, I would bet they publish SDK's but I also bet that they make something like the Google Play store so they can at least get a cut from the add-ons.

I am very excited for FS2020 but I will be very very disappointed if they don't have a pretty open system for add-ons.
GunnerMan
Major
Major

Postby Doering » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Every time we see a new update with incredible detail. Photos and videos of the aircraft, scenery, weather, animations etc appear maxed out with incredible resolution. I just hope the sim will run decently on an average computer and we are able to experience this new technology to a level that impresses us like the demos we see.
My latest video at The Flight Level - World's Most Dangerous Approach - RNAV (RNP) Landing RWY 15 at Paro Airport- Bhutan - 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2KxjLdJgY&t=1084s
Doering
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby villagedefrance » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:37 pm

MSFS so far runs on DX11, so many GPU will be able to run it.
There are no info at this time on DX12 or even DX12 Ultimate.

I have a Ryzen 7 3700X with an RTX2060, 32Gb of DDR4 and SSD. I am also an Alpha tester.
My system is only rated "High End" and it runs fine at 50 fps, but still not 4K quality.
My GPU is pushing hard to achieve this but it is important to remember that the Nvidia drivers are not optimised yet.
However even at this stage the gameplay is smooth enough, even on busy airports and cities.

I think upgrading to the recommended specs will be necessary if you want the full experience.
villagedefrance
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Very_Old_Man » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:44 pm

I bought a new PC when FSX came out &
I got hooked on mission building. I have heard nothing to indicate that will be possible. Anyone know?
Very_Old_Man
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby cevans » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:27 am

I have a Ryzen 7 3700X with an RTX2060, 32Gb of DDR4 and SSD. I am also an Alpha tester.

Are you able to tell us the folder structure of MSFS? Similar to FSX or very different?
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Very_Old_Man » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:10 pm

For whatever. When I check my FSX folder with its many addons, it totals 40 GB. So the new one wants 150 GB? Sigh...
I seriously doubt I'l jump for the new offering. I also started in flight sim about FS4 before MS took it over.
I got serious starting with FS 2000.
Very_Old_Man
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby wilki64 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:47 pm

I have slightly higher specs than the required minimum stated, and really wish I hadn't bothered . Will put it away till i can affor a decent rig
wilki64
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020