MSFS2020 won't let me log on

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

MSFS2020 won't let me log on

Postby Heinz001 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:47 pm

What's going on? It worked fine two days ago, now it won't let me past the second screen of the logon process. I've tried everything I can and it just won't work.... Can anyone help me or at least give me a phone number to call the administrators so I can get back on and fly my planes? I just ordered the new Charlie Rudder Pedals from Honeycomb (I have the yoke and throttle quadrant from the same manufacturer). The three parts have cost me over $800.00 and now the program won't let me in anymore. This is ridiculous. Please at least give me a number so I can call the MSFS administrator.
Heinz001
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: MSFS2020 won't let me log on

Postby Daube » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:00 am

Before trying to log on in the sim, check the situation in Windows.
I would suggest you to launch the XBox application and check if you are able to log in / log off / log in again in that app.
Sometimes the simple fact of disconnecting/reconnecting to your MS XBox Live account solves many problems.
Also, ensure that all XBox related apps are up to date in your MS Store application (library->get all updates).
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Windows 10, now i

Postby Heinz001 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:23 pm

Daube,

I followed your advice. The PC told me to check my Windows settings. All were up to date, but it recommended I refresh my Windows 10. I did, specifying not to delete any personal files. It did so anyway and after refreshing Windows 10, now my entire Flightsim program and associated addons are GONE. HELP!!!!! At least get me a number at X-Box support tyhat can help me.
Heinz001
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:24 am

The XBox application or the MS Store never told me to check any settings.
In the XBox application, you just had to log off then log in again.
In the MS Store application, you just had to go to your library and check for updates.
I don't know how you reached any screen telling you to reinstall your operating system...

Anyways, the XBox support has a contact page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Windows 10, now i

Postby ftldave » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:09 am

Heinz001 wrote:Daube,
... now my entire Flightsim program and associated addons are GONE.

This is why pc backups are your friend. Learn how to make backups before doing any major maintenance. If you had made a full backup of your pc before reinstallation, you'd be able to restore its original configuration. Really, backups are your friend. If you don't know how to make a backup, do some homework and self training - tutorials on YouTube to start. For anything major, I use free Clonezilla Live booted from a thumb drive and make a full drive image backup to an external hard drive or to one of my home server network drives. External USB hard drives are cheap if you need to get one, never ever been less expensive because of falling IT prices as the economies around the world are cooling off, slowing down. Like the old saying goes, it's not a matter of IF you will lose data, it's when. It's just common sense to make backups if you value your time and don't want to reinstall software and settings all over again, the old "Practice makes perfect" drill as you have to reinstall something for the umpteenth time.
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby elainao » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:36 am

Five Nights at Freddy's
I followed your advice. The PC told me to check my Windows settings. All were up to date, but it recommended I refresh my Windows 10. I did, specifying not to delete any personal files. It did so anyway and after refreshing Windows 10, now my entire Flightsim program and associated addons are GONE. HELP!!!!! At least get me a number at X-Box support tyhat can help me.

I have the same problem as you. please help me
elainao
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Heinz001 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:37 pm

I got it working myself. Took a little time to figure out what was holding things up. I finally worked my way around it. Thanks to you all for helping.
Heinz001
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby melvinarda » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:26 pm

Heinz001 wrote:I got it working myself. Took a little time to figure out what was holding things up. I finally worked my way around it. Thanks to you all for helping.

so what is the solution? can you share it here?
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk youtube apk
melvinarda
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Evan Popchock » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:40 pm

ftldave wrote:
... now my entire Flightsim program and associated addons are GONE.

This is why pc backups are your friend. Learn how to make backups before doing any major maintenance. If you had made a full backup of your pc before reinstallation, you'd be able to restore its original configuration. Really, backups are your friend. If you don't know how to make a backup, do some homework and self training - tutorials on YouTube to start. For anything major, I use free Clonezilla Live booted from a thumb drive and make a full drive image backup to an external hard drive or to one of my home server network drives. External USB hard drives are cheap if you need to get one, never ever been less expensive because of falling IT prices as the economies around the world are cooling off, slowing down. Like the old saying goes, it's not a matter of IF you will lose data, it's when. It's just common sense to make backups if you value your time and don't want to reinstall software and settings all over again, the old "Practice makes perfect" drill as you have to reinstall something for the umpteenth time.

I agree with the above advice. I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do a PC Backup whenever my computer(s) need updated/replaced and at ALL times when simply using the computer
Evan Popchock
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020