FSX conversions to MSFS

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

FSX conversions to MSFS

Postby papituwall » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:19 am

Downloaded here and tested this "DonFanucci" converted aircraft in MSFS 1.26.5.0, pictures of the VC
I´m missing anything?
Also the Beech causes CTD of the sim.

LET 410

DC3
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Re: FSX conversions to MSFS

Postby pete » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:09 am

Ive read about many products, free and pay, having problems with the non stop FS20 updates. Suspect this is the issue here. I'll see if I can contact the uploader. What files?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby papituwall » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:52 am

Many thanks, my version of MSFS is the last stable one. DX11 mode.

Concerning the files I found them searching for "donfanucci", they are:

l_410_uvp.zip
at_11_fs20.zip
xdouglas_dc3.zip

I didn't follow discharging more files. The descriptions mention "replacement gauges" or "that not all are functional", but in my case any gauge can be seen,

Best regards
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby papituwall » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:57 am

Any news?
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Daube » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:30 pm

papituwall wrote:Any news?

I think you're kind of wasting your time with these conversions ;)
These were probably just some test projects for some creators who wanted to give a quick go at the aircraft conversions from FSX.

However, while you may be stuck with the Let 410 until a better one appears, you'll be glad to know you'll soon (in November) get a very nice freeware DC-3 with the 40th anniversary edition of MSFS :)
...Together with a Goose, a Beaver, a Jenny, some helicopters and I don't remember what else (all freeware!).
Personnally, I can't wait to get the Jenny flying again over the MSFS lands, it's going to be a blast. I loved that plane in FS9 then FSX and P3D.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby papituwall » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:28 am

Of course, those conversions are not reliable, the converter has limitations, but in this case the result is very different to the description, that seems that the author has worked after the conversion.

In any case the "DC3 for old fashioned flying without GPS" from roggeberg23 is a decent aircraft (in development) till the official arrives.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby tayyab2 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:36 am

I've heard of a lot of products, both free and paid for, that have issues with the constant FS20 updates. I think this is the problem. I'll try to get in touch with the uploader. what documents
tayyab2
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tenny » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:31 am

Those conversions are unreliable, of course, and the converter has its limitations. However, in this case, the outcome differs greatly from the description, suggesting that the author worked after the conversion.
tenny
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:46 am

tayyab2 wrote:I've heard of a lot of products, both free and paid for, that have issues with the constant FS20 updates. I think this is the problem. I'll try to get in touch with the uploader. what documents

Jhonjelly wrote:Numerous products, both free and paid for, have been reported to have problems with the ongoing FS20 updates. This, in my opinion, is the issue. I'll make an effort to contact the uploader. what records

Am I hearing some echo ? :D
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby papituwall » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:37 am

The pictures were posted inmediatly just after the author posted in Simviation and the results were different as the descriptions.
In the meantime, a good free DC3 (roggeberg23) appeared.
Later I bought the MS-Carenado Beech18 and finally I got the MS-AH DC3 40 anniv.
For mi this thread is closed.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby CharlesNix » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:05 am

It seems like attempting these aircraft conversions from FSX may not be the most efficient use of time. These could have been test projects for creators experimenting with the aircraft. However, there may be better options coming in the near future, such as the upcoming release of a high-quality freeware DC-3 in November as part of the 40th anniversary edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Additionally, there will be other freeware options available, such as the Goose, Beaver, and Jenny aircraft, as well as various helicopters. I, personally, am excited for the opportunity to fly the Jenny again in the new simulator and anticipate it will be a lot of fun.
CharlesNix
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Alexsmith12 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:55 pm

Of course, those conversions lack accuracy, and the converter has its limitations. However, in this instance, the results significantly diverge from the description, indicating that the author put in additional effort after the conversion.https://mybankinginformation.com/irs-audit/.
Alexsmith12
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ToryRutter » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:46 pm

Of course, the converter has its limitations, and such conversions aren't always accuratehttps://mybankinginformation.com/get-paid-to-narrate-audiobooks/ But in this instance, the results are very different from what was predicted, indicating that the author continued to work after the conversion.
ToryRutter
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Scorch00 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:48 pm

From what I understand this is a limitation to MSFS and the converter. This is largely another reason freeware developers have largely withheld updating their aircraft to MSFS. As it was promised to the community that legacy imports would be fully compatible from FSX to P3D and just drop in with little or no work needed. Currently only super limited function of FSX models works AFTER use of these converters. So largely the community developers aren't happy. Also, a huge issue is model piracy and the rampant use of the converters and uploading without the original author's permission. Which is theft, so there's several big reasons as to why you don't see a lot of devs moving very fast on freeware stuff aside from having to make whole new MSFS native aircraft a lot of times.
Simulated Air Tanker Operations
Aerial Firefighting Development & Simulation Group
Scorch00
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Scorch00 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:35 pm

scotperterson wrote:FSX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X) and MSFS(Microsoft Flight Simulator) are both flight simulation programs developed by Microsoft. FSX was released in 2006 and MSFS was released in 2020.

FSX conversions to MSFS refer to the process of transferring or converting add-ons, such as aircraft, airports, and landscapes, from FSX to MSFS. This is done to bring the older content into the newer simulation platform, allowing users to continue using their favorite add-ons in MSFS.

There are several tools and methods available for FSX conversions to MSFS, ranging from manual conversion to automated conversion tools. The success and ease of the conversion process will depend on the complexity of the add-on and the method used.

In conclusion, FSX conversions to MSFS are possible and allow users to bring their favorite FSX add-ons into the newer MSFS platform, making it easier to continue using their preferred content in the updated simulation environment.

What other people seem to fail to realize is sure these can be, "converted." However, this is literally being done illegally and/or in violation of the addon's EULA. I.e. being done without original author authorization and it's why the freeware developer community is largely up in arms about it. Since, it was promised that this was something that wasn't supposed to be needed to use legacy aircraft in MSFS. But here we sit. Needing the use of converters to use aircraft that supposedly were supposed to easily be dropped in and be able to be used, bur are not. And people continuously violating ToS by modifying, uploading, these converted models. Maybe people don't realize it, but in order to modify ANY aircraft models you need the author's permission unless it's expressly said it's free to be modified and/or distributed in a readme somewhere with the aircraft.
Simulated Air Tanker Operations
Aerial Firefighting Development & Simulation Group
Scorch00
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020