Need Assistance With External Views Please...

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

Need Assistance With External Views Please...

Postby Grover2005 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:29 pm

Here I sit in front of my computer as frustrated as Elizabeth Taylor's eighth husband on their wedding night...I have been trying to set up some exterior views to no avail...Here's what I have been trying to accomplish: Starting out simply, I want to program a key on the keyboard to give me the cycle of views that the "S" key used to provide on FSX and before: Cycle through Left Exterior, Right Exterior, Rear Exterior and Front Exterior...I can get more complex later...Can someone give me the step by step directions to accomplish this? Probably once I become familiar with how to do this simple process I will be able to build on it and go from there...I really appreciate any help provided! Thanks a lot...

Steve in Kansas
Grover2005
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Need Assistance With External Views Please...

Postby cevans » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:39 am

I'm sorry I can't offer a step by step like you asked but if it's any comfort it's one of the main reasons I don't use FS20 much. I have pulled my hair out over this but must admit I have just shut down if it takes more than 1 minute to figure out.
In my opinion these asobo guys don't see a clear objective in doing simple things. Instead they seem to think of so many gimmicks that the simple things like viewpoint, that should be just a simple key or joystick hat swivel are stupidly not obvious.
One of my good pals is a captain for a major airline and he says his job is one of the most boring jobs in the world. The last thing you want to be doing is messing around trying to set up simple things like views

Why they didn't just make it simple by default, as FSX or P3D, is a mystery.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020