World Update 6 is available

Talk about the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator - MSFS 2020

World Update 6 is available

Postby Daube » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:59 am

Hi all,

The World Update 6, which is about Switzerland, Germany and Austria, has been released yesterday or so.
It includes scenery improvements for these areas of course, but also many bug fixings and other improvements.
To update your sim, the procedure is the same as before: ensure you have installed the XBox App and it's running, ensure you performed all updates in the MS Store app (there should be an update for your MSFS launcher), then finally launch the sim and let it download the update internally.

After the update, you have to check your content manager because some of your previously downloaded addons (like previous world updates) might need to be updated as well.
Don't forget to empty your Community folder as well, to prevent any crash due to incompatible addons (I didn't do that step and didn't face any problem, but I don't have many addons...).

I could update yesterday and immediately went to Switzerland to check the improvements. I'm quite impressed honnestly.
First of all, they have finally fixed the horrible ground imagery in many places.
A good example would be the area around Sion which was suffering from many problems:
- very poor ground texture quality
- season mismatch: Sion was summer, then two kilometers away was full winter ground textures with snow etc...
- many areas covered by clouds, then ground textures were replaced by generic textures
- in some places you could even see some high altitude airliner contrails on the ground textures, going up the montains :D

All of these have been fixed, the area around Sion now looks great. In addition, it seems they have improved the mesh as well. I did an helicopter flight from Sion to Zermatt, and I have been impressed with the visual quality.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: World Update 6 is available

Postby EVVFCX » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:45 pm

Ok, the updates install ok but has done again as in a recent update, it's wiped out the training results as though you have never done them so I've been working through them again.
On the pattern and landing test it says your at 6000ft and 80knts - no, I'm at around 60 knts and 5000ft, so power up and climb to 6000ft, drop 10deg of flaps, can sit it on 6000ft and 80 knts but it never shows green for 6000ft.

Any body else seeing minor problems?

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Re: World Update 6 is available

Postby EVVFCX » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:09 pm

HI all,

update 6 done and now there is another update already - bugs?
Edit: Now revision 1.19.9.0 from 1.19.8.0 on update 6

regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Return to Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020