Brake help

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Brake help

Postby Hudson% » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:34 pm

I am having a heck ofa time making brakes to work, that is with the pedals. When u get to peruse the aircraft file, and look at the number for brakes such as 0.65 or 0.6543467.When I am coming in to land doing 140 to160 MPH, 065 does not stop the airplane. What do you set for the number to stop the aircraft....secondly,the parking brakes are set at 195 set on the yoke right side button for the parking brakes, but I take the 1 number and bring it up to 1.95. IS THAT CORRECT?....I am constantly running off the end of the runway with the settings that come with the aircraft download... <<t
Hudson%
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Brake help

Postby Daube » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:37 am

Hudson% wrote:I am having a heck ofa time making brakes to work, that is with the pedals. When u get to peruse the aircraft file, and look at the number for brakes such as 0.65 or 0.6543467.When I am coming in to land doing 140 to160 MPH, 065 does not stop the airplane. What do you set for the number to stop the aircraft....secondly,the parking brakes are set at 195 set on the yoke right side button for the parking brakes, but I take the 1 number and bring it up to 1.95. IS THAT CORRECT?....I am constantly running off the end of the runway with the settings that come with the aircraft download... <<t

Which aircraft are you using exactly ?
You shouldn't need to edit the numbers, and you shouldn't use the parking brake to stop your aircraft.
If you are flying a liner, you have to set the autobrake level properly in the cockpit prior to landing. Also you have to invert the engines thrust upon landing to slow down until 80 to 60 knots, and then only you can start using the normal brakes.
If you're flying a military jet, then you might not be landing at the correct speed, or you might be too heavy in fuel (which leads to higher landing speed). Also some aircraft have break chutes to be deployed. Finally, you should ensure the runway you chose is suitable for such an aircraft (long enough).
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Prepar3D