P3D v6 now available

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

P3D v6 now available

Postby pete » Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:52 am

Interesting that Lockheed Martin have now accepted home users.

"Lockheed Martin Prepar3D simulation for K-12 students and home use that immerses the user in a rich and interactive environment."

https://www.prepar3d.com/
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: P3D v6 now available

Postby Daube » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:12 am

Indeed.
Most likely, now that MSFS is on the market, I guess Microsoft doesn't need to "fear" any concurrence from P3D.

Important info is that this "Personal licence" requires a permanent connection to Internet, contrary to the "Professional" and "Professional Plus" versions, or the "Academic" version of the previous versions of the sim.

That being said, the feedbacks from various users so far is quite... bad. Like, really really bad.
And to add on top of that, PMDG, A2A, //42 and some other major addon makers have already made announcements that they are not going to support P3Dv6, not going to produce any addon for it. But we all knew this would happen long ago, anyways...
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3D v6 now available

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:05 pm

I'm more than happy with both P3Dv4.5 & v5.
Why 2? For compatibility reasons. Most FSX planes, not all, work in v4.5, & then I have planes just for v5.

I'm staying away from FS2020 for a couple of reasons. lack of space on my laptop, no 'older' scenery or the type of planes that I prefer.
To each, their own, I suppose. & I still enjoy my FS2004.
I'm using an Asus Ryzen 7 laptop, W11, 16GB ram, 512GB SSD, & my sims run of a 2TB portable hard drive. No issues at all.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Prepar3D