BE2C P3Dv5

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

BE2C P3Dv5

Postby TUCANTO » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:39 am

I see that in the FS2004 vintage there is a BE2Cv2 also see there is an FSX acceleration mod and I was wondering if this would enable it to work in P3D
I have tried to extract the FSX file so as to merge the two but the file shows error when I try to extract. Anyone else tried this ?
TUCANTO
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: BE2C P3Dv5

Postby Hagar » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:19 pm

TUCANTO wrote:I see that in the FS2004 vintage there is a BE2Cv2 also see there is an FSX acceleration mod and I was wondering if this would enable it to work in P3D
I have tried to extract the FSX file so as to merge the two but the file shows error when I try to extract. Anyone else tried this ?

I've just downloaded BE2Cv2 & extracted it to my Desktop. According to the file description the prop animation has been modified but it's still an FS9 model.
It might work in early versions of P3D but not current versions.

I found the FSX update you mention but there seems to be a problem with the zipfile. An app like 7-Zip might extract it. From what I can see it's purely an addon texture so wouldn't affect the MDL file.

Edit: 7-Zip worked for me. https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
As I thought, it's simply a new variation with DDS textures.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: BE2C P3Dv5

Postby cevans » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:56 am

TUCANTO wrote:I see that in the FS2004 vintage there is a BE2Cv2 also see there is an FSX acceleration mod and I was wondering if this would enable it to work in P3D

* It will not work in P3D 4 + as P3D 4 + require either FSX native aircraft or P3D native aircraft.

* P3D up to v 3 is like FSX and FS2004 files can be made to work or will work.

HOW TO KNOW IF IT'S FSX NATIVE?:

Open the .mdl file inside the Model folder using notepad
1st line you will see

FSX Native = MDLXMDLH
FS2004 = MDL8MDLH
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Prepar3D