The SWS F-4 Phantom will be freeware on 12th of April

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

The SWS F-4 Phantom will be freeware on 12th of April

Postby Daube » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:10 am

Hi all,

Just like in my previous topic about the F-104 by SimSkunkWorks, the online store SimMarket will offer the SimWorksStudios F-4B Phantom for free on the 12th of April, and ONLY ON THAT DAY.

I do not own that plane yet, but I have been following the various topics about these planes in several forums.
You can expect some beautiful 3D models both for the exterior and the virtual cockpit, as well as a very high level of realism and features.
The plane has fully functional weapons and related systems (you need TacPack by VRS I think).
Just like the MilViz Phantoms (F-4E and F-4J/S), the Phantoms by SWS (F-4B) are some of the highest quality military planes ever made for our sims. I strongly recommend you to take a close look to these ;)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The SWS F-4 Phantom will be freeware on 12th of April

Postby fabo28 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:12 pm

Daube wrote:Hi all,

Just like in my previous topic about the F-104 by SimSkunkWorks, the online store SimMarket will offer the SimWorksStudios F-4B Phantom for free on the 12th of April, and ONLY ON THAT DAY.

I do not own that plane yet, but I have been following the various topics about these planes in several forums.
You can expect some beautiful 3D models both for the exterior and the virtual cockpit, as well as a very high level of realism and features.
The plane has fully functional weapons and related systems (you need TacPack by VRS I think).
Just like the MilViz Phantoms (F-4E and F-4J/S), the Phantoms by SWS (F-4B) are some of the highest quality military planes ever made for our sims. I strongly recommend you to take a close look to these ;)

Sim Skunk Works doesn't make the F4 Phantom!
fabo28
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby papituwall » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:59 am

The SSW planes use VACMI weapons and is included in the planes
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Mtnbiker29er » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:01 am

I think He meant SIMWORKS STUDIOS - SWS F-4B/N(?). Looks really nice I do hope the promotion extends to the FSX version
Mtnbiker29er
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:43 am

fabo28 wrote:

Yes I know. What's the problem ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby fabo28 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:22 am

Daube wrote:
fabo28 wrote:

Yes I know. What's the problem ?

Just saw my error, ! SimWorksStudios aint SimSkunkWorks , apologies!
fabo28
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:55 am

Don't worry, I also always confuse these two acronyms. SWS and SSW ;)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby captcaveman » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Its avail for free right now, i just got it.

expires 04/12/2020

https://secure.simmarket.com/simworks-s ... -p3d.phtml
captcaveman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:21 am

Ah, it already started ?? I though it would start from tomorrow... Nice catch ! Thanks for the notification 8-)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Dave T » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:54 pm

That is a big file 1.2gb which when installed ia approx 2.5gb although it does contain two installers one for FSX and the Other for P3d. Waiting till tomorrow to test fly it.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:33 am

Had a few problems with this one, the two runtime 2017 files crashed fsx on exit with fatal error message. Removed the two runtime files and FSX seems to be error free again.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Falcon61 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:21 pm

The models look great but they don’t fly good, at least for me. It wants to pitch up and banks to the right.
Falcon61
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Prepar3D