Restart flight

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Restart flight

Postby striker » Sun May 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Sometimes I want to restart flight as selected. Without saving the flight at the start (after I select aircraft/location/time).
Every time I go to 'restart flight', it goes back to the default flight.
I wish there was a way to go back to the start of my selected flight if I mess up.
If I save every flight I'll end of with a pile of saved flights so big it will be just as much of a pain.

Maybe I'm missing a solution?
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Restart flight

Postby napamule » Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 pm

You can save 'flight' (model, paint, location, weather, time & season) as 'X', with description in comments as to who/what/where/when and keep using 'X' for every 'flight' and when asked to overwrite just say 'ok'. That way you only have one 'saved' flight ('X'=present flight). Next 'flight' is also 'X' (overwrite on save).

So you Save the 'situation' (START) of being 'on runway', 'on oil rig', 'on approach' etc, and use FILENAME of 'X'. You fly 10 miles and want to start over (on runway, oil rig, etc) so you go Load flight 'X' and, presto!, you are back to START. When you go back to Start you can even change planes, Save flight as 'X', and go try that airplane from identical Start 'situation' yet be able to come back (at anytime) to the Start by Loading the 'X' flight. Hope this makes sense.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Nighthawk117 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:35 pm

If FSX you can press ";" and it will bring up save flight and you can load from that point when you want to return to that flight where you left off
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Roypcox » Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 am

Thanks Nighthawk that good info!!! Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Doesn't FSUIPC offer the option of saving particular flights at periodic intervals?
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Nighthawk117 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:12 pm

I don't know I don't use any other add-ons other than aircraft
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Tue May 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Canuck: Quote: 'Doesn't FSUIPC offer the option of saving particular flights at periodic intervals?

Well, since you brought it up why not do the research and post the answer here?

I suggested a good 'method' to do what he wants. Why use FSUIPC if it's not needed or required? Or viable (ie: the correct 'tool' to do the job). Cheesh!
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby striker » Tue May 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Nighthawk117 wrote:If FSX you can press ";" and it will bring up save flight and you can load from that point when you want to return to that flight where you left off

Yes that works :)

BUT .. still means saving the flight. Not a quick and instant restart of selected flight.
However I'll live with this. Good to know it works in P3D4 too. Good info! Thank you :)
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Nighthawk117 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:49 pm

striker wrote:
Nighthawk117 wrote:If FSX you can press ";" and it will bring up save flight and you can load from that point when you want to return to that flight where you left off

Yes that works :)

BUT .. still means saving the flight. Not a quick and instant restart of selected flight.
However I'll live with this. Good to know it works in P3D4 too. Good info! Thank you :)

You are right, Although the option for making a saved flight default would make it quicker but have to repeat it everytime you save. Like you said you will end up will a pile of files
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Wed May 22, 2019 1:35 pm

He is NOT trying to make the saved flight a 'DEFAULT' flight. He want to fly 10 miles, then go back to start point, to try again, etc. Like I said: save the CURRENT flight as 'X' and then after you change planes, or location, or time, or weather, you save AGAIN as 'X'. That will be your 'current' flight which you can then go back to that point in time (ie: on runway, at 1000 ft, or heading North, or at FL300 on Tuesday at 8 pm, etc). He can then go back to that POINT in time at anytime by just doing 'Load' and choose 'X'. He can add info in comments and if he wants to save THAT particular (ie: different) 'situation' he can then do 'Save' then choose 'X2' for flight name. The DEFAULT flight (used at START) can remain the same. He doesn't have to make a temp flight the DEFAULT flight if it's going to change in the next 10 minutes. So if you are on runway 32, at 6 am, with it raining, when you save as 'X' flight, you can go back to runway 32, at 6 am with it raining, at anytime (5 minutes, 1 hour, etc) by doing 'Load' of the 'X' flight. Simple as that.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Flattery will get you everywhere. But you just joined today and your links are advertisements. So you don't need and won't use the info so why pretend. You are supposed to ADD to the thread, not just use it to post adverts. Go away.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Tiger1962 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:20 am

Shiv01 seems to be a bot which is adding the same comment and links to every new thread here.
Tiger1962
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Prepar3D