Question Regarding Location of Certain Effects (@cevans?)

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Question Regarding Location of Certain Effects (@cevans?)

Postby Tleilaxian » Wed May 15, 2019 10:25 am

I understand navigating the file system but I have a question regarding where to place certain files in certain packages. For example, in "B772_United_P3d_FSX.zip" there is a directory named "777-effects" and this is my question: Does the entire "777-effects" folder go into the effects folder with a resultant relative path to the files being "effects\777-effects\Opensky_vortex.fx" (to use one file as an example) or should the files be placed directly in the "effects" directory with the path being only "effects\Opensky_vortex.fx"?

**Edit** ... or now that I think of it, should "777-effects" be placed in the root of FSX (making it a sibling directory rather than a sub-directory)?
Tleilaxian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Question Regarding Location of Certain Effects (@cevans?

Postby Daube » Wed May 15, 2019 11:13 am

You shouldn't move that "777-effects" folder anywhere. That name is probably just to make it unique and explicit.
Instead, you simply need to take all the files (and folders) located inside that folder, and move them directly into the FSX\Effects\ folder. That's all ;)

In your example, all of the .fx files would end up directly inside FSX\Effects\.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Question Regarding Location of Certain Effects (@cevans?

Postby Tleilaxian » Wed May 15, 2019 11:26 am

Perfect! Thanks a million for the help! :)
Tleilaxian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Prepar3D