Install Question for Prepar3D

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Install Question for Prepar3D

Postby Sarvelava » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:23 am

I've just purchased this product and downloaded the full or complete version but was wondering if I also need to download and install the Individual Components, the Software Development Kit and the Legacy Client downloads or does the Full version include those? I'm new to Prepar3D and excited to get flying after many years of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Thanks!
Sarvelava
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Install Question for Prepar3D

Postby Daube » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:46 am

The "complete" package that you have downloaded includes everything you need.

The "individual components" links are just made to download the sim little by little, for those like me who have a slow internet connection and cannot download a 12 GB file at once ;)
With these links, we can download the sim in smaller packages, it's easier when you still have an old DSL connection.

The SDK are just the tools for the addon builders. It's not required if you are not an aircraft/scenery creator :)

The legacy clients are for those who want to download the older versions of the sim for testing purposes. P3D is made of three main parts:
- the client: the simulator itself
- the content: all of the default planes, their gauges and sounds
- the scenery: all of the default scenery for the globe.
With the package you have dowloaded, you have all of these elements in version 4.5.

The legacy downloads are only for the client part.
These were made for the simmers who had an older version (like 4.3 or 4.4 for example), and updated the client to 4.5 (to check the performance or the new features) but were disappointed and wanted to go back to the previous versions.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Install Question for Prepar3D

Postby pete » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 am

Just treat it exactly as you would with FSX (or any previous MSFS). You can use it right away with no complications or need to add anything.
It's built on the same platform and you can add things and 'fly' just as you would with MS Flight Simulator.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Prepar3D