Please help me properly activate Prepa3d

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Please help me properly activate Prepa3d

Postby hlk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:09 pm

I have just downloaded Prepar3d V.3.4. I'm trying to set up all my control options and get my planes to flying, but I'm having a bad time trying. One reason is perhaps I am not as computer-literate as I think I am. I need help in getting myself set up, assigning my controls (I know how I did it in FS9 and FSX, but this has me stumped. I though I had it set properly for all my flight controls, but the rudders seem to have a mind of their own. I'm running Windows 10, and it seems to be working well.But I need to resize my graphics so I can see all my control buttons. It's been a pain but I'm still trying. HELP! Please pretend I'm a total idiot and need help for even the basics and I will be eternally grateful.
hlk
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Please help me properly activate Prepa3d

Postby Daube » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:13 am

The configuration of the controls are more or less identical to FS9 and FSX, so it should be easy to guess what to do, at least for the keys.
Concerning the rudder problem, you might want to perform first a calibration of your controller, within the settings of the game. There's a button for that somewhere in the interface, where it shows all the axis and their movements. Ensure all is moving as it should after to move your controller to all the extremities.
Also, use this moment to identify which axis letter corresponds to which movement of your controller.

Last thing: ensure you launch P3D by right-clicking on the icon and selecting "run as administrator", else it might not be able to "save" the settings you made properly.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby hlk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:24 pm

Wow! Thanks. That was easy. But now, how do I reduce the size of the screens so I can access all the control buttons (LOAD, SAVE, etc) that now appear off the screen and won't let themselves be accessed?
hlk
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:45 am

Just like FSX: if you are in fullscreen, you can make the menu bar appear simply by pressing the key ALT.
To make it disappear again, press the key ALT again, but keep it pressed for a few seconds. The menu bar will disappear.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby hlk » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Thanks, but I'm afraid it still doesn't help - some of the EXE buttons are still below the edge of the screen and I can't bring them up.......HELP!
hlk
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:39 am

Alt - Enter ..... to enter and exit full screen
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Prepar3D