Problems with Prepar4D Galore !!!!

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Problems with Prepar4D Galore !!!!

Postby Jetranger » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:20 pm

Ohhhh Boy , this doesn't sound fun or good !!

Can only imagine how much time simmers are spending trying to figure out the issue / problem ????? :twisted:

Just wait until Prepar 10D and or Prepar 25D comes out ,,,,,

I'll just stick with my 1950's Flight Sim Computer , it, Worksssss !

Was reading all these issues & problems over at Just Flight forum with users and their Aircraft

Those having any issues may want to read up and stay informed with issues regarding Prepar4D

LINK : http://forum.justflight.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=69&title=prepar3d

Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Problems with Prepar4D Galore !!!!

Postby Jetranger » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:06 pm

"we’ll all stop developing new products for FSX"

posted : July 04, 2017 - by FS Dreamteam

BULLETIN LINK : http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16116.0.html
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby B52bob » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:59 am

I have has P3D V 1/2/4 and have NEVER run into problems. I ran V 4 on a old I-5 with a w Meg gpu and still averaged about 28 FPS.

People tend to try aircraft and sceneries that are not compatible with V4 and it causes problems. I have X-plane 11, FSX-SE, FSW, and V4. I have not opened FSX in months. P3D and FSW are the future of flight sims.
B52bob
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:22 am

Agree with Bob.
P3D4 running on my old 2010 PC without any problems whatsoever. Never even freezes.
Rekindled my interest in actually flying on my PC rather than just testing aircraft.

My big hope is for google earth to be compatible with it - which I believe will happen. Certainly not interested in buying all kinds of extras.
Freeware all the way.

I genuinely love it.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Daube » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:08 pm

P3Dv4 is for now the most stable sim I have ever had.
Well, ok, XPlane 11 might be even more stable, but that might be because I have almost no addons in that sim... anyways.
As said above, most people having problems with P3Dv4 were in fact going though one of the following cases:
1- they were trying to use incompatible addons
2- they were running the sim with settings that couldn't be handled by their computers
3- they were not aware that Windows Update had updated their drivers and that they needed to delete their shaders to let the sim rebuild them (and eventually the Prepar3D.cfg, in the most extreme cases)

There has been just one time when Windows Update has created a real compatibility problem with Prepar3D, just a few months ago. And still, the workaround was simply to load the flight with a default plane and then switch to complex aircraft, instead of loading it directly with the complex aircraft...
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Prepar3D