Prepared for Prepar3D ??

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Re: Prepared for Prepar3D ??

Postby New Light » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Will do! Thanks for the help and advice!

Dave
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Prepared for Prepar3D ??

Postby New Light » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Ok, Good news! My new PC finally came in Saturday! - it was only a week late :evil: :lol:

Not sure news, it was listed to have a quad core i7 7700K 4.7 GHz processor, but arrived with an "upgrade" to a 6 core i7 8700K 3.7 GHz processor. The 8700K can be overclocked to 5.0 GHZ. In fact, it has an option to go straight to the 5.0 GHz setting in BIOS, along with two other "preset stages" of overclocking - and, of course, it can be tuned manually. Is this a good trade off for Prepar3D v4.1? Or is it better to have a fast processor "outta the box"?

* Note 1: I'm good and competent at a lot things, - computers, software and programming are not among them though.

* Note 2: I did two 1 hour "flights" using default Prepar3D with everything set to full blast, and everything looked and performed great. Even though the PC is liquid cooled and has 7 fans, would running this processor overclocked prolonged and constantly have an adverse affect on it? Or is a "change the oil regularly, keep it cool and everything will be fine" kind of a thing?

Thanks,

Dave
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Prepar3D