Tired of waiting for Orbx? Cut ahead and get in the Fastlane

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Tired of waiting for Orbx? Cut ahead and get in the Fastlane

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:59 pm

It looks like the big problem for Orbx centers around ObjectFlow 2.

So as of Saturday August 5th, you can opt in for ObjectFlow 2 open beta.

It's super simple AND you immediately get all of the Orbx airports that you've bought.

Read it here - ObjectFlow 2 Open Beta

What I found is that, in my opinion, the scenery needs a little makeover. It IS exactly the same as you've seen in P3d V3.X, but I think that it can be better than that, good as it is.

The process is very quick because most of what goes on is copping the scenery from P3d V3.

I didn't notice any slowdown in FPS.

It's free, go for it. :D
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Tired of waiting for Orbx? Cut ahead and get in the Fast

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:08 am

A correction or two. :oops:

Copping, is of course, copying.

And the "it's free" part, just means that if you've already bought "it" (the scenery) there's nothing more to pay.

I've been flying my other Orbx scenery, and see no difference in that scenery between P3d V3.x and P3d V4.x.

And that is where my comment about it should, or could, be better.

Taking off from Concrete (3W5), heading west, you pass a large cliff face on the left.

That cliff face looked better in V4 BEFORE I loaded the "approved" Concrete scenery.

It's not that it's any worse than it was in V3, BUT that cliff face is a little worse than it looked before I installed Concrete into V4 with ObjectFlow 2.

But other than that small part, it looks great. It's just that I know that it can look better.

But don't expect Orbx to redo all of their airport areas right away for the V4 version.

This isn't really a complaint. I'm very happy to see it at all, and I haven't noticed any other problems at all.

Anyway, if you want something like this V4 screen shot (Agua Dulce L70), and you want it NOW, sign up. Thank You Orbx. :D
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Tired of waiting for Orbx? Cut ahead and get in the Fast

Postby tjitah » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks OldAirmail, that is precious feedback. I'm still holding off until all the kinks have been sorted out, but it is really useful to hear from pioneers like you.
i7-4790K @ 4.6 GHz, ASUS Maximus VII Gene, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Rift, Windows 7 64-bit
tjitah
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Prepar3D