FTX Global VECTOR now available for P3d V4

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

FTX Global VECTOR now available for P3d V4

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:03 pm

This was out Monday, but I was too sick to comment. Not that much better today.

Anyway...

For those who don't know what Vector is, it's about making all those things that run across your scenery look better.

When Vector first came out it was just Ok. Rivers and roads looked, somewhat, better. The same for bridges. Even railroads tracks looked, somewhat, better.

As time went on though, all of those things looked MUCH, MUCH better. Especially the beaches.

So I immediately downloaded and it installed into P3d V4. As to be expected - No problems.

Until I started flying, that is.

Many things are better. Somewhat. It reminded me of the original Vector. Not quite as bad, though. Anyway, I'm sure that time will take care of that.

If you have Prepar3d V4, should you buy it?

Yes, you might as well buy it now. It does make some things better and by the time that they're done, you'll consider it an absolute essential part of your flights.

Even those who like to fly at 32,000 feet will enjoy the coastlines better.

On to the Pics

After you have it downloaded, you'll want to configure it.

Really? No doubt about it. There are settings for those who like to fly low. And settings for people who like to fly high.

Like, what big tube flyers gives a dang about small rivers and streams? Uncheck them. Do they care about small roads, bridges, or tunnel exits? Of course not! Uncheck them.

Whatever kind of flying you do, some things will be more important to you than others.

And if you FPS are choking? Uncheck those things that you can live without.

Do you have add-on airports with elevation problems? You can either let the program find them for you, or add that airport manually.

One way or the other, you'll want to take a look at the settings.

Image . Image

Image . Image

Very low level, directly west of LAX
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: FTX Global VECTOR now available for P3d V4

Postby wdavis » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:19 am

I have Global Vector also with the more recognizable railroad tracks It would be great and more realistic to have railroad traffic showing on those tracks !

Bill Davis
wdavis
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby OldAirmail » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:27 pm

wdavis wrote:I have Global Vector also with the more recognizable railroad tracks It would be great and more realistic to have railroad traffic showing on those tracks !

Bill Davis

Long trains over wooden train trestles! :dance: :dance: :dance:

.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby New Light » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:43 am

Any updated opinions on Global/Vector/OLC NA?

I am almost ready to buy GEP3D, but Orbx seems to look much better - especially their smaller airports, which I would gladly frequent. The down side is Global, Vector, OLC NA & Trees cost $210 + ~$45 for some western regions of the U.S. + $26 - $33 for each of 30+ individual airports.

Will a PC run everything?

How many 1T SSDs would I need to add? The Samsung 1T 960 Pros are $500+ each... :doh: :doh: :doh:

Thanks for valued opinion,

Dave
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby New Light » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Update: I went with all OrbX products last week (Global, Vector, OLC NA, Trees HD). Once I got the settings in P3D v4.1 correct (Thanks Daube!!!) everything looks great! I'm very glad I invested the extra money for P3D. You can even see the marshlands and bayous in Louisiana depicted much more realistically!

New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Prepar3D