The Prepar3D Scramble Begins

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Re: The Prepar3D Scramble Begins

Postby Jetranger » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:53 pm

MILVIZ Reverses Charge Decision on PREPAR 3D Upgrades

LINK : http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/7/6/milviz-reverses-compulsory-charge-on-v4-upgrades

P3D. Perhaps the best news in relation to the advent of P3Dv4 is the notion that nearly all developers would be releasing compatibility updates to to the new platform free of charge. MilViz has instituted an upgrade charge of $5 per addon and has decided to reverse the decision announcing that those who paid for the upgrade will receive refunds. Here's the statement from MilViz:

"Dear Clients, Regarding the upgrade to v4.
In hindsight it is clear that charging our valued third party vendor customers $5 to upgrade was a mistake; a mistake we would like to rectify as soon as possible. We are therefore arranging to refund your $5 and offer all existing owners the upgrade gratis from now on.
We unreservedly apologise for the inconvenience.

Best wishes - Milviz"
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:06 pm

If I had something a year or longer I wouldn't mind $5. Six months or less, yes, I'd mind.

Maybe a Thank You/tip jar?

I'm afraid that some of the few payware planes that I have will not be updated to V4.

Then too, there are some payware aircraft that I'm not sure of where I bought them.

That's life.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:56 am

Yes unfortunately some payware planes will not be updated, or not for free.
For example, the A2A warbirds will be rebuilt, so we'll have to buy these new versions.
Some planes will not be updated at all, like the MilViz F-15E, which I'll miss a lot.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby New Light » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:06 am

I had the dreadful thought that P3D v5 might come out later this year and I would have buy everything again... :x :x :x
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 am

Ya'll do what ya want,, BUT I'm gonna wait until Prepar 25 or 35 comes out in about 10 more years :lol:

By then I probably won't give a flyin' jack about any of this, i'll be in my mid to later 60's , retired and hopefully traveling in my yet to be purchased 35 ft Prevost motorhome, if I'm not dead by then.

My future Virtual Cockpit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crjeV4QxGmY
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby wlrjr » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:48 am

I don't see future versions changing drastically at all with regards to function other than improvement on the visual fasade you see on your screen. All FS programs are simulations of a Flight Simulator at best, not a Flight Simulator per se. Those expecting more will simply have to buy a real Flight Simulator or a real Airplane. The expense will be approximately the same
wlrjr
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jetranger » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 pm

"I don't see future versions changing drastically at all with regards to function other than improvement on the visual fasade you see on your screen"

Uhhhhh Huh,,,,, :roll:

Now just wait until Microsoft rolls out another NEW OS Platform in a few years again and all this PrePar V.13 or V.25 whatever doesn't work with the new Windows Operating System,,, then they'll have to re'program everything PrePar whatever to work with the New Windows OS !!

Or, or there will be NO New Windows Operating System,,,,, Operating Systems will become a thing of the past , like 8 track tape players, and VHS Tapes and DVD's,,,,,,,

There will be NEW systems like the New yet to be released WAVE System where everything uses a WAVE to perform,,,, NO more Clouds or Cloud storage stuff,,,, everything will be moved to the WAVE platform !!!

I know because I'm the one working on and developing the NEW Wave System for the future that will REPLACE what were currently using !!!

Sooooo,,, far this is as far as I've got with the New WAVE System, have a look :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHeHt-U1OvM
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby wlrjr » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:01 am

I know because I'm the one working on and developing the NEW Wave System for the future that will REPLACE what were currently using !!!

Not sure what a multi-function watch in Bali has to do with the price of wheat, but ok. We seem to be talking apples vs oranges here. OS and simulator programs. Obviously there will be changes in the future in which Microsoft, Lockheed Martin and all others will be forced to adapt. My point is the only thing that's apt to change in home flight simulation would be the visuals, just as it has since it's inception
wlrjr
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby 511Flyer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:51 am

What goes around, comes around. If I'm still around in 10 years time, flight sims and real world aviation will have changed beyond recognition. What happens when the oil runs out? Kids will be asking their grandparents if they ever saw an aeroplane. The human race will adapt to changes, as it always has done, and the world keeps on turning. Don't worry, be happy.

I'm a laid back half glass person. If it's half full, I'll drain it. If it's half empty, I'll fill it up again.

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:12 am

Its called the cycle of life, things will evolve & move on regardless even if we don't want to.

I personally look forwards to seeing whats coming round the corner tech-wise! (depending of finances! :ugeek: )

Although I do really wish this virtual currency nonsense would go away, been looking to upgrade my R9 290 GPU the prices are beyond stupid!

Keith.
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Prepar3D