Black Panels - P3Dv4

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Black Panels - P3Dv4

Postby gregj » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:53 pm

So I am wondering how to port over working panels from planes that work well in P3Dv4 for ones that show up as being all black - yet the gauges all work perfectly fine - I have managed to get a few Boeing 737 panels over...but nothing yet for 767, 787. Any thoughts? Great planes all look good from the exterior and fly well but the panels ...
gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Black Panels - P3Dv4

Postby pete » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:32 am

Well it sounds like VC textures -- can you give an example?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cevans » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:39 am

Most of the FSX native 787 and 767 aircraft use the FSND 737 updated panel and the textures will be the same texture files. I have recently installed V4 but haven't really used it much yet. What a/c are you seeing this on? I will look.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby gregj » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks Pete and CE Stevens <-- I think I got that right.

The most recent culprit among others were the Quantas Boeing 777 https://simviation.com/1/browse-Civil+Jets-55-0?mark=53064#53064 by Chris Evens, and several, but not all of the Boeing 737's - Those that I wanted - I simply cut and pasted textures and airplane.cfg settings into the ones that did. and fixed the problem - but was not able to do so for the Qantas as an example. All the gauges show fine, but the whole panel is all black. Typically I use Addit Pro to complete my installs is it possible something is missed here? If not missed, then can someone please dscribe best steps to replace a panel for one that works... I thnink my above steps were primitive and discovered by accident....

gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby gregj » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 pm

cevans wrote:

Most of the FSX native 787 and 767 aircraft use the FSND 737 updated panel and the textures will be the same. I have recently installed V4 but haven't really used it much yet. What a/c are you seeing this on? I will look.

see my answer above... I believe you posted the Qauntas plane as one example of where things are funny....Not your fault I'm sure... by light model and exterior textures all work flawlessly.
gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:01 am

I have just tried using P3D v4 (can't see much difference so far :think: )

However I installed the Chris Evans updated 777-9x Qantas you mentioned and can see the exterior and VC without problem. I also tried the Alrot VC which is included in many aircraft and it also shows up fine. So far I have found that native FSX models seem to be OK.

To know if a model is FSX native - open the whatevername.mdl file in the model folder with notepad and you will see this on the 1st line - MDLXMDLH - X being the difference (FS9 have '8' instead). It looks like FS2004 models will not work OK.

Not sure if your settings may be an issue (DX10 preview is somehting that comes up a lot with texture problems). I have the default settings and have altered nothing.
Also - look at the file 'texture.cfg' inside the main texture folder - make sure it is not locked in any way and that the 'texture.vc' folder is not locked in any way.
My folder settings are all unlocked.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Prepar3D