Prepar3D News.

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Prepar3D News.

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi All,

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but there's been an announcement regarding V4 of Prepar3D

Looks like they're releasing a 64bit version pretty soon (30th May!)

I think I'm going to wait this one out until I know more about it, I have way too much in the way of aircraft & scenery, I'm dreading the fact that they will probably more than likely be incompatible.

More info here: http://prepar3d.com/news/2017/05/114164/

Keith.
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Prepar3D News.

Postby Daube » Wed May 24, 2017 1:40 am

Sceneries from FSX will mostly work just fine.
Only the sceneries that need some DLL stuff, like OrbX or SODE-related sceneries, might lack a few elements until they get really updated. But any "regular" sceneries will work out of the box.
For planes it's less clear. Planes with DLL external gauges will need updates to work for sure. But simpler planes, I don't know.

There are some very good videos about v4 here and there already, because LM lifted the NDA for the beta-testers, which means they are now free to talk or show pictures and videos.
The most impressive improvements are concerning the scenery display: the LOD_RADIUS is now much bigger, and you get a new setting "autogen draw distance", which allows you to push the autogen up to the horizon (or almost) with limited FPS hit... and of course, no OOM crashes, it's 64 bits finally :dance:
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Prepar3D