Cessna 172 in Prepar3Dv3

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Cessna 172 in Prepar3Dv3

Postby BlueSkies » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:59 am

Hi all,

I want to put the Cessna 172 from FSX into Prepar3D.
Copy and pasting the Cessna 172 aircraft folder from FSX into Prepar3D is simple enough.
But before I do it, is there any other things like gauges or effects, etc, that the Cessna 172 uses in FSX that need to be copied over as well.
Any advise would be well appreciated.
Cheers.
BlueSkies

Re: Cessna 172 in Prepar3Dv3

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:30 am

Isn't it amazing that the one plane that they left out was the Cessna 172?

There's no way it could have been accidental, but I can't thinks of any reasonable excuse for the omission.

If you want to call it a mod, moving the C172 over to Prepar3d was the first one that I did.

So drag & drop away. Everything will work well.

It's just a wild ass guess, but I'm thinking that the gauges, sounds, and effects are already in P3d, so you can drag and drop any other standard FSX aircraft too.

The worst that will happen is that something inside the aircraft may not work.

Now if you have an add-on aircraft that uses the standard gauges, sounds, and effects, that too may work.

In that case - When in doubt download it again and reinstall.

Over time I've learned (from FSX) to save the downloads of the planes that I like in a "Saved Download" folder.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby BlueSkies » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:46 am

Thanks OldAirMail.
I just copy and pasted it from my FSX-SE like you said.
Took it up for a circuit of my local airport and all seems fine.
Happy Days. :D
BlueSkies

Postby papituwall » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:47 am

OldAirmail wrote:Isn't it amazing that the one plane that they left out was the Cessna 172?

There's no way it could have been accidental, but I can't thinks of any reasonable excuse for the omission.

They also forgot the F-18. LM-P3D guys do not like Boeing (seems OK), but why they don't like Cessna?. They like Beech very much, even they have added the Iris Texan!. But finally Beech was saved from bankrupcy for Textron, the Cessna owner.

Strange guys that update a program changing in the name a 2.5 for a 3 and sell it as a new one...
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:24 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... _Simulator

Surprise?.... ;) ....>>>>

Quote:
.....As of 2015, FS2004 is still the most popular of Microsoft's simulators.
End quote.

Paul....FS 2004 + FSX.... :mrgreen: ...!

But for some reason the venerable Cessna 150/152 Trainers are still missing.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:08 pm

Never take what you read in Wiki with anything more than a big pinch of salt. Certainly FSX is more popular at simviation than fs2004. (especially as that quote seems to be from one of the pirate sites ... :D :roll: )
We will get 4x the downloads with an FSX addon than fs2004. There are no doubt a lot of folk around with very old PC's who cannot run FSX --- but it runs seemlessly (who needs more than 20fps?) at max on all sliders in my pretty old 2008 system. I gave my FS2004 away to Ozzy many years ago. I simply saw zero reason to keep it.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Prepar3D