Prepar3d V3 and the latest AMD cards/drivers

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Prepar3d V3 and the latest AMD cards/drivers

Postby OldAirmail » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:06 pm

For a while Prepar3d V2.x users had a problem with the NVidia cards. In July Nvidia came out with new drivers that solved most of the Prepar3d problem.

But it took them about a year to do so.

Now, it's AMD's turn.

If you have one of the newer higher end AMD cards with a ANY of the 15.x drivers you'll have to download the 14.12 driver.

This one is said to work with P3d V3 - Previous AMD Catalyst™ Display Drivers.

On the plus side, it's supposed to work VERY well with P3d V3.

Lockheed Martin is saying that the problem is with AMD and that they (LM) can't do anything about it.

"Because this is a driver issue affecting a specific set of cards on a specific set of drivers, it is unlikely that we can do anything to resolve it on our end."

TRANSLATION: We've already made our mistakes and we're standing by them.

BTW -the post above the one I'm referring to questions whether the newer AMD card meets the Prepar3d requirements. They do. Most of the upper half of AMD cards for the past two or three years meet, or exceed, the requirements.

Just my luck - I'd bought an AMD Radeon R9 280X card and installed the latest 15.x driver in preparation for the new Prepar3d. :confusion-shrug: That's life. :lol:

Lets just hope that AMD can fix LM's problem in less than a year.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Prepar3D