Prepar3d V3. Goodby

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Re: Prepar3d V3. Goodby

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:39 pm

hjsmuc wrote:Nice thread. I am currently risking being banned on AVSIM as I have asked for a list of PROVEN compatible add-ons. Some guys are getting too edgy these days.
PS: To be fair, I had an open conversation with one of the moderators and we sorted it out. Just wondering why everybody is so nervous as this business is most likely not about the big buck.

As Pete and others have said, the money made by LM on non-governmental sales is trivial.

But what is small potatoes to one company could be a significant amount of money to a small add-on developer.

Compared to the total gaming industry, I'm betting that flight sims sales are only a VERY small section of that total.

No one can afford to offend any sources of income. That income is how they feed their families.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby G.K. » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:22 am

Posts being selectively deleted or locked is nothing new on Payware sites, they have a product to protect, it's normal practice. That's what makes forums like this one so valuable.

Some of the fawning and brown nosing on the payware sites is a bit off putting though. Folks have already paid good money, that and a basic level of good manners should be enough surely?
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:08 pm

I do think that the "non-academic" use by so many people gives the Prepar3d team a wide testing base (beta testers if you will). I also think that without that group of users, there wouldn't be much add-on development going on.

I think you mean the 'academic' -- but yes I hope they think this too. It's feedback and therefore highlighting areas to maybe concentrate on for development.

Only a small mind in such a powerful organisation like LM would take any criticism of P3D as anything other than more potential room for improvement.
The worst thing any good corporation needs is ego polishing/false flattery.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Prepar3D