Prepar3D V3 and Orbx - Good news/bad news

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Prepar3D V3 and Orbx - Good news/bad news

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:08 am

There's good news and bad news.

The good news.

You can follow it here.

But as it affects a great many of us, I'd like to post Orbx's John Venema's statement in full. If the mods need to change, or shorten it, it in any way they have my full permission (not that they need it :D ).

Hello all,

With the recent announcement by LM about P3Dv3 I'm pleased to announce that we have been testing all our regions, FTX Global, Vector and openLC over the past few months and they all function without any changes needed.

Ed Correia has developed a new Multi-installer which now auto-detects what sims you have installed so therefore supports FSX:Boxed, FSX:SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2, P3Dv3 with a simple pull-down so you select the target sim.

We will be rolling out these new Multi-Installers for our core non-airport products over the coming month (there will be a delay for some weeks due to a staff member at FSS having to undergo surgery)

Airports

I've asked each developer to review exactly what is required to port their airports to P3Dv3. If it's a simple process then I'll compensate them for their hours spent and the airport will be a free download for FSS customers with a new Multi-installer.

If there is substantial work involved then I will leave it to each developer to notify me if we charge a nominal fee for the work involved. I will leave that up to each developer to decide at their discretion.

Rest assured we are keen to make any migration to P3v3 as painless as possible for everyone.

The bad news

I'll post more in a little bit, but the gist of it all is that, so far, I can find no compelling reason to upgrade to buy Prepar3d V3.

In fact, I find myself questioning the continued investment in Prepar3d.

Time will tell.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Prepar3D V3 and Orbx - Good news/bad news

Postby Capt_Cronic » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:15 am

I agree, I finnally gave up on p3d. went back to fsx/dx10 with all my payware addons including a full motion simpit.
I forgot what it was like to fly with good frame rates, no studders and no crashes.
the only thing I miss from p3d is the shadows, hmm, shadows not really worth $200 IMO

also, with all the upgrades and tweaks ive done trying to get better performance out of p3d,
my fsx setup now runs better than ever.

I will have to wait and see how p3d v3 performs for others before trying it again.
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:02 pm

I'll wait and see too, but judging from the "improvements" I have to say that I'm very unimpressed with the outlook.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Lets see - I think I'll try to get Active Sky, Rex Essentials, sum Cloudy thingy, and and a host of other programs all crammed into each other and see if they work well together,, all at once - like the advertisers claim :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :? :naughty: :naughty:

MOM ~ Mom something's wrong , it ain't workin , like they said - look MOM ~ its a Mess, what happened ~ Why :roll: :roll: :cry: :lol: :naughty: :naughty:

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:40 pm

Avatar mode or as I call it - Walk Around mode , but what I really really wanna know, can the Pilot go to the bar drink a few beers and pick up some hot chick to take flyin' with him ???

now - that's what I'm lookin for, like my dad used to say - if it ain't got Tits & Wings, he ain't interested :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

so, what the guy can't move his arms to open that hood himself or what ??

can't open the door either apparently,, so basically he's helpless other than walking around other paper mache looking people :clap: :lol: :lol:

$200.00 for this and a bunch of Bug Fixes huh ???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUtoPvC13w[/youtube]
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:59 pm

as in my Earlier post on another thread Froogle points this out !

Now don't just watch the Video - the really "Best Part", is ALL the comments below the Video - so - Jump on over to YOU TUBE and read all the comments below the video - tell ya this much - simmers aren't happy - nor are they Naïve ~ !! :clap: :D

1 such posted comment which really fit the situtation was this :

So... a $200 upgrade for help preventing OOM, and then next year another $200 upgrade for DX12 support, and then another paid upgrade for x64 platform? LM sure knows how to milk money out of their government contracts and us regular users have to suffer along.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFVdIQuT-3s[/youtube]
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Prepar3D