Error FTX England patches

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Error FTX England patches

Postby G.K. » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:20 am

I have the latest P3D installed c/w ORBX FTX England. I have downloaded 3 patches as advised by the latest FTX Central application.

On running Patch 1 I get this error. Anyone know what the issue is?

Thank You :-)
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Re: Error FTX England patches

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:45 pm

The "radio buttons" are the two circles on the left.

If you click one and then the other, the first one that you click on will be freed up. Or to put it another way if you click one after the other, the prior one will be deselected.

So the problem isn't with your or your computer. Probably.

It's most likely to be a bad download.

On the other hand, I see that you have User Account Control active - see the little shield inside your icons?

It's a user rights thing, and it may be restricting you from making certain changes. And don't start in with "But I have full admin rights".

I used to install security software on universities and military bases, and I heard that all the time. Trust me.

You could turn it off, but first try the free program - SimAccess.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby G.K. » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:37 pm

:-) Thanks for that OldAirmail. I had no idea that the shield icon had that meaning. I shall investigate further and see if it helps.

The permissions and admin control are a complete mystery to me in win 7....too complicated for my failing interests in operating systems. To be honest I lost interest after win 98 se
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby Capt_Cronic » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:51 pm

what version of P3d are you useing ?
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby G.K. » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:47 am

Version 2 Captain

I have found the problem. The ORBX FTX England is a fairly recent purchase (v1.3) and doesn't need patches 1, 2 or 3......silly me :oops: Perhaps not entirely my fault though, FTX Central told me there were updates available and when I clicked on the link it suggested all 4 patches.

I have installed patch 4 OK.

This still leaves me with a possible bug? or perhaps it's something to do with FTX Central Hybrid mode? or perhaps I've cocked up the installation? ....not sure.

UK airfields Hatfield EGTH and Leavesden EGTI are on the P3D map and also on the ground but they have housing estates splattered all over them. It renders them unusable.

Thanks for the link to SimAccess OldAirmail, that will no doubt be useful in the future.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Return to Prepar3D