P3D & ORBX Global Base.

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

P3D & ORBX Global Base.

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:48 am

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody here has had the same issue as I have had, yesterday I finally bit the bullet & purchased P3D v2.5 for "Academic" use ;-P
I downloaded & installed it with no issues, configured the settings, copied over my X-55 control XML & set up a flight. Everything works buttery smooth. But....
When I go to install Global Base v130 & Vector (latest version too) I follow the instructions but can't see it when I go to fly, the scenery is still as P3D standard?!
Has anybody had the same issue? I've tried looking via google but cannot seem to find any solution!

Help?!!

Keith.
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: P3D & ORBX Global Base.

Postby G.K. » Thu May 21, 2015 12:00 pm

you've probably already done these things ......but

When installing it should ask you if you want to install it for P3D or FSX....did you select the right one?
Is it switched on in FTX Central?
Have you checked the in game library is correct?
Have you checked your P3D directory to see if the ORBX files are actually there?
I had an issue were roads didn't show up. I installed the latest ORBX library files for a fix.

......OldAirmail will no doubt think of some more suggestions, he has more knowledge of P3D than I.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Sat May 23, 2015 11:15 am

Hi,

Yes, you guessed right! I did try those earlier but to no avail! Things have improved as I can see Global Base has definitely installed & I have successfully installed ORBX's Jackson Hole. But with Orcas Island still acts funny as far as you can't see any buildings (only black blocks on the ground) & the upgraded runway visuals unless you select an outside view, pan-up a little & suddenly all of the buildings appear along with ORBX's improved runway! I have made sure I had Orcas I is at the top of the scenery list but no joy. Also checked FTX Central has set up everything correctly & made sure I had all of the updates for everything too! :shock:

I was also hoping someone had a way to stop P3D from going back to the default F-22 Raptor/Langley AFB scenario everytime I have an "Iffy" (crash!) landing :oops:
It does get a little annoying having to reselect everything to get back to the previous flight! I know you can set up a flight & save the scenario but just wish it would load up my selected flight after a hard landing as FSX did!!
I must say that this is the only big bugbear I have with P3D!

Other than that I'm really starting to enjoy P3D!

Keith.
My Rig:
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Mon May 25, 2015 12:36 am

Good ol' SpaceHippy, sorry that it took a while to notice your post.

Sometimes it seem that the posts on SimViation come & go with amazing speed.

I have SimViation open up to the "View new posts", but for some reason not all new posts are show.

Anyway, to your problem

First the easy one:
"I was also hoping someone had a way to stop P3D from going back to the default F-22 Raptor/Langley AFB scenario everytime I have an "Iffy" (crash!) landing :oops: )

I'm betting that you have this one figured out by now, but for anyone new to this - here's the deal;

There are two way to deal with this, and both start with saving your flight.

Do not forget to name it and to click on the Default airplane icon!

Here is the VERY important thing - Whatever state your aircraft & Prepar3d is in - THAT will be what you have every time that you start up Prepar3d.

For instance, I like to start from a cold, dark aircraft.

So I make sure that my tanks are full. I park my plane, lock the brakes, and switch everything off.

I set the weather, time of day, and season.

Now, EVERY TIME that you start Prepar3d, your aircraft will be just as you left it.

If you want, you can save your Default flight with the aircraft on the runway and your engines running. It's up to you.

You can even save it mid flight. And if that was your Default flight, that's where you'll be when you start Prepar3d.

As to Orcas and Jackson Hole

FTX: NA KORS Orcas states - This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of Orbx FTX NA BLUE Pacific Northwest must be installed prior to use.

FTX: NA KJAC Jackson states - This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of Orbx FTX NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains must be installed prior to use.

Do you have FTX NA BLUE Pacific Northwest and FTX NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains?

PS - read this - Latest drivers about FTX Central 2.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:36 am

Hi OldAirmail,

Thank you for your kind response, I've not been able to get to my computer for a couple of days, so can only now reply!

You guessed right, I eventually managed to save some default flights for P3D to revert back too after a not so soft landing! I guess I was spoiled by FSX with the way it automatically went back to the last set flight without having create a saved flight first.
(I'm one that likes to try different scenarios & aircraft whenever I fancy a change)
It's something I'm going to have to get used to as I'm not going back to FSX, although both simulators are similar, they do have their own idiosyncrasies!

As for the ORBX sceneries, I think the issue is that I can't remember if I installed the area before or after installing the airport! I'll have to uninstall then reinstall in the correct sequence!

The biggest bugbear is installing AiCarriers2, it will not install without errors & hanging. I've even tried doing a manual install & edited the XML file but had no results! Must keep trying!

Thanks again,

Keith.
My Rig:
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Wed May 27, 2015 7:32 pm

SpaceHippy1975 wrote:...

(I'm one that likes to try different scenarios & aircraft whenever I fancy a change)

I'm with you on that one.

Many times I want a "home base". But not always.

This is how to set up Prepar3d so you have a wider choice on startup.

First save a basic flight as before.

Next, from within that flight, preferably before take off, choose Options > Settings > General.

In the General - Program section place a checkmark inbox for Show Scenario Startup Screen.

Now, when you start Prepared you'll get a screen where you can choose where, when, and in what you'll be flying.

If you don't want to make any changes just hit the ENTER key.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi OldAirmail,

Thanks again for your very helpful advice, I'm definitely going to give that a go too. As with the previous versions, I do find that there is a learning curve, its the little things that can be the most important to find out!

Definitely makes things easier in my book!

Thanks again,

Keith.
My Rig:
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Prepar3D