Latest drivers

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Latest drivers

Postby G.K. » Tue May 19, 2015 4:13 am

The 352.86 drivers seem to work very well with P3D, much improved IMO. Much smoother with no discernible stutters even when panning in exterior view. This is with addon scenery switched off. I'm flying the FSX Cessna which I've imported.

What can I say? A very enjoyable flight experience with no endless cfg tweaking.

I do have a slight issue with the ORBX UK scenery: It looks great while flying in the UK but it also alters other European scenery. i.e. in Switzerland it renders building and towns on cliff faces and on mountains where there shouldn't be any.....not good. OK when switched off though. The stock P3D scenery is quite good though so no big deal.

Anyone else tested these drivers
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Re: Latest drivers

Postby Capt_Cronic » Tue May 19, 2015 9:09 am

this release enables SLI for P3D and reportedly performes better.
but keep an eye out for another release in the next couple weeks.
LM has worked with nvidia and anounced a new driver is near.
it's supposed to address issues with P3D maybee even a profile or better AA support, MAYBEE
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Tue May 19, 2015 6:46 pm

G.K. wrote:...

I do have a slight issue with the ORBX UK scenery: It looks great while flying in the UK but it also alters other European scenery. i.e. in Switzerland it renders building and towns on cliff faces and on mountains where there shouldn't be any.....not good. OK when switched off though. The stock P3D scenery is quite good though so no big deal.

First, I'm assuming that you are using FTX Central 2? If not, then download it. You can ignore the word "beta".

If you'll only be flying in the hi-def regions that you've bought, then mark Europe as "active".

If you'll be flying into or out of one of those regions, then select FTX Global and mark that active, but with a X in the Enable "hybrid mode" box.

Otherwise simply choose FTX Global with the Enable "hybrid mode" box un-checked.

The same goes for the North Americas. If you don't have them, or you are flying outside of them, choose FTX Global.

I wasted a great deal of time until I read about that. :D

On the AMD side of things, I wish that the same thing would happen.

My AMD R9 280X was giving me exceptionally good results until I tried three of the better known P3d tweaks.

Those tweaks made absolutely NO improvements, and introduced minor stutters and other minor problems.

EVEN after reversing the tweaks I still have the problems that others were complaining about.

For instance there's a 6% load delay.

I had never experienced that and thought that it was because Prepar3d was installed on it's own SSD.

To measure my delay I restarted my computer, ran P3d, and timed the "6%" time. It was nineteen seconds.

After trying those tweaks, that time increased to one minute, fifty five seconds. Basically two minutes.

Yeah, 19 seconds to 1 minute, 55 seconds.

I'm sorry that I can't tell you what those tweaks were, but this was several months ago.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby G.K. » Wed May 20, 2015 3:29 am

No, I wasn't aware of the beta, I'll give it a go. Ta :-)
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby G.K. » Wed May 20, 2015 5:57 am

I decided some while ago not to go down the path of buying too many addons, at least not until P3D ran well on my machine. It seemed to me that most complaints on the P3D forum were from folk who had issues with addons.......I did buy ORBX England but that was all, I left it there.

Now it's running well on my machine I've just purchased the ORBX Global Base, it's downloading now. Looking forward to this.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby Capt_Cronic » Wed May 20, 2015 9:25 am

I installed these drivers, setup my profiles and found
there is a performance boost in P3d. clouds and lights don't
give me as much fps drop as before.

@GK, or anyone else interested, I have ftx global, vector, all NA regions.
pmdg, a2a, dodosim, digital aviation, etc. and all work perfectly.
most of the installers I have are older and not p3d v2 ready.
they CAN be installed with a little trickery.
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Wed May 20, 2015 5:37 pm

I've had no problems with any of the Orbx-FTX add-ons.

My biggest problem with having more than a few Orbx-FTX add-ons, was that it was a real PITA keeping up with the updates. :evil:

If you had Scenic Area scenery (I just made up that name) and you just found out that that the update, Scenic Area scenery 004 was out, you couldn't add that update until you download & updated 001, 002, and then update 003.

NOW it's much better. This is what you'll see if there are any updates. But it'll only show the updates for the scenery that you have.

.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby G.K. » Thu May 21, 2015 5:05 am

That looks handy OldAirmail :-)

So I've downloaded and installed FTX Global Base and it looks very nice indeed. It seems to have sorted out the problem I had as well.

Orbx are running a 37% discount at the moment so I'm now downloading the FTX Global Vector :roll: That should improve some of those dodgy European Coastlines, Crete (being a favourite Holiday destination) was particularly bad.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby papituwall » Thu May 21, 2015 9:24 am

Yes, P3D looks slightly better but X-plane crashes. Here the solution:

NVidia 352.86 Drivers Do Not Work With X-Plane

http://developer.x-plane.com/
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Return to Prepar3D