A wake for Prepar3d V2.4

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

A wake for Prepar3d V2.4

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:18 pm

Just a few wakes with a goose or two. :D

It's getting better. The wakes aren't as long as I'd like to see. But at least it doesn't look like someone cut it off with scissors.

Different speeds & arrangements - Wing tips up & down.

All together I'm VERY pleased with V2.4.

.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: A wake for Prepar3d V2.4

Postby pete » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:52 am

So now it's 2.4? I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't pay an upgrade price to 2.2 and had to pay full price again.

So will it be full (academic of course) price again to upgrade to 2.4?

I'm still running 1.* -- maybe I should wait to jump in at 2.8 ......... then 5.4 ....... save some $$ :dance:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:17 am

It's pretty much like most software, you pay for the full point upgrade i.e. - 1.x to 2.x, 2.x to 3.x, etc.

Or not, as you will.

I have OpusFSX V3.50.2.

The new version is called OpusFSI 4.01.2.

I'll keep OpusFSX without complaints.

I would say, though, that the difference between FSX & Prepar3d V1.X looks to be minimal.

Whereas the diff between FSX & P3d V2.4 is much more significant. And YES, it is worth paying for.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby pete » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:11 am

In my experience you can upgrade software to the latest version or buy it from scratch and those are 2 different prices ....

I think the bottom line is LM aren't interested in petty cash when they are selling and servicing jets for 100's millions. They probably barely want to think of that aspect .... :lol:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby G.K. » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Lets just hope that LM get version 2.x working right before they leap to version 3.x.

.....I've been viewing the P3d forums, I've made a few posts........jeez there are some rude buggers posting there. I'll not be making any more posts on that forum. There is no excuse for bad manners IMO.

Nice Pics OldAirmail :-)
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks for the nice comments all.

When I succeeded in downloading & installing V2.3, I was a little less than happy.

The worst part was that my CH Products yoke was, essentially, unusable.

That was actually fair because when V2.1 came out I believe that the people with Saitek yokes and Joysticks had their own problem.

And it was Prepar3d V2.3 that did it. I loaded FSX back onto my computer and The yoke worked as it should.

No problem with P3d V2.4 now.

Due to circumstances, I didn't get a chance to download the update until quite late last night.

So after setting up the basic buttons on the yoke, what you see is almost all that I did. What I saw briefly was that the clouds are far better than anything from any of the weather programs.

Have you ever been on a tall mountain when a cloud envelops you? It was that good.

There is also something a little different in flying the Beech Baron and the Goose. I'm not all that sure, but I think that it felt a little like flying in X-Plane.

Another thing is that the smoothness is MUCH better now.

Pushing the settings a bit, I ended up dropping the FPS down to 10 or 12. All of those pictures, and the Baron, were taken at 10/12 FPS.

My old graphics card took it all in stride. On the other hand I was flying over the ocean, so that would have helped.

No more FS12
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Prepar3D