b772aalnc_fsx.zip

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Re: b772aalnc_fsx.zip

Postby kifp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:54 pm

This may be a little cynical of me but, LM could be selling their own addons in the future. I'm even kind of reluctant of getting payware. They might not work as well in P2 in a year or so. Could be all about $, ya never know. :whistle:
kifp
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:50 am

It's just that some of the FS9-style animations and features are not recognized by P3D anymore.
Some of them still work, for example the throttle levers were still recognized in the few FS9 planes I tried in P3D. But most of the buttons were not, so in the end, most of the FS9 aircrafts were unusable in P3D.... unless you use 2D panels, which is not my case.

The big frustration comes from the fact that unlike in FSX, the FS9 plane don't have any display issues in P3Dv2. They also get shadows both on the external model and in the virtual cockpit, which adds a lot to the visual quality of these planes. Not being able to click on the cockpit, in such cases, is really dissappointing, to say the least :')
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby pete » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:21 am

I think this might be a V2 issue because all the VC buttons seem to work ok in my V1.4 version - nav - dials - FMC - etc - all clickable in the posky 777-200 and 300 I have installed.

Another case of newer is not necessarily better? :violin:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Daube » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:02 am

Indeed, Pete.
P3D v1.4 was just FSX under the hood, with some optimizations and bug fixes. The retro compatibility was the same as FSX.
P3D v2.x has a totally different graphic engine and other deep changes, technically it's not FSX anymore.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Prepar3D