What's the verdict?

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

What are you thoughts on P3D

Got it and thought the improvements over FSX were good value
Got it and thought the improvements over FSX were middling value
Got it and thought the improvements over FSX were poor value
Got it but can't make my mind up until I have a better PC
Not got it but want it
Not got it and don't want it at the moment

View results

Re: What's the verdict?

Postby logjam » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Well if it works 100% in Win 8.11 or Win 7 in compatibility mode with all the other goodies, I'll buy it, the full monte not the cheating educational mode ( me being beyond educating). Now, to clarify, my Saitek X45 works well with the driver supplied with windose, but if I download the latest from Saitek, it changes everything so that the thing looks like a gamer paddle and behaves as such. Anyway, I'll still wait till my arm's better after the P51 incident.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Capt_Cronic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:54 pm

p3d and win 7 works normal, no compatibility mode needed
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby logjam » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:10 pm

I bought a new computer. It is windows 8.11. I don't have windows 7. I run FSX in compatibility mode because it won't run in windows 8. It has taken me 18 months to get this far. It runs great now in compatibility mode. I will not remove windows 8. I won't buy another computer. I won't buy windows 7. baw baw baw stamp stamp stamp.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:31 am

Just an odd point.

Although some Prepar3d V2.x users initially had big time problems with many flight sim controllers, I think that those days are past.

I've used SPAD & FSUIPC for the past two years to control all my Saitek equipment (except the rudders where nothing is needed). When I installed P3d, both programs worked without a hitch.

The odd part?

I can literally switch from FSX to Prepar3d V2.x and have the Saitek hardware work better in Prepar3d V2.x.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Prepar3D