NO B.S. - If you want to keep flying P3D, read this.

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Re: NO B.S. - If you want to keep flying P3D, read this.

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:24 am

Hestntonpms wrote:....

Of course I want it for entertainment purposes, I can not lie

Let me put it this way - If you learn something, anything at all, about flying, then you ARE using it for an educational purpose.

Buy it. It has some problems at the moment, but that will pass.

I didn't see any real difference between FSX & Prepar3d V1.x.

Prepar3d V2.0 was ok, but had a lot of problems.

Prepar3d V2.1.99 still has some problems, but in my opinion has already moved passed FSX.

Far past FSX? No. But still better.

And in the past year FSX has actually gotten more enjoyable because of the add-ons, so it's not a write off by any means.

I would say that if you were on a very tight budget, FSX would be the better choice at this moment.

But Prepar3d will continue to pull ahead because its' foundation is till under development.

So buy Prepar3d, learn SOMETHING, ANYTHING, and enjoy learning. :D

And don't worry about the problems. They'll be taken care of.

Hey! You want to learn something? Learn how to navigate thru this mess!

Learning to fly for real needs a plane. But using Prepar3d to learn how to navigate is GREAT! :D

Some people think that I have too much cloud around my planes, but I get a real kick out of finding my way to my destination.

Boston's Logan airport is somewhere out there.

I'm about 2 miles from Logan at this point, but the only way that you would know it is by the instruments.
I may not be the best Sim pilot, but I can fly through the muck, and at night. :D

Both shots are from the Lockheed L049 Constilation in Prepar3d V2.1.99.

For what it's worth - When I was 3 1/2 years old, I flew across the Atlantic in this plane next to my mother. The yellow arrow points to her window.

Back to you.
Your son wants to take the flying lessons? Get him started now so when he starts to learn he'll have a head start.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Prepar3D