A must have program for Prepar3d.

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

A must have program for Prepar3d.

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:46 pm

It's quite possible that many of you won't have the problems that I've had with Prepar3d V2.

But this program called SimAccess from FlightSim Estonia, fixed my (hopefully) last Prepar3d V2 problem.

I found that every time I tried to save changes, the program would crash. No warning. Just crash.

Figuring that it might be permissions related, I reinstalled Prepar3d V2 to my secondary drive, free of any limiting permissions. Same problem. Crash, no warning.

I then spent a day trying to track down every Prepar3d file and folder to change its permissions & access rights. It still crashed, but now it gave me a popup saying it had crashed, before it disappeared.

The biggest problem this created for me was in assigning buttons and levers in Prepar3d. To say the least, that made it a little hard to fly. :evil:

The LM Prepar3d team seems to have a problem with error handling & reporting.

It's as simple as simple can be, download & run SimAccess. You run it once, and you're done.

It did a superb job of tracking down my Prepar3d folders & files. All I had to do was click on OK.

I can't say if this'll help everyone, but it did solve my latest Prepar3d problem, so give it a try.

It'll create a System restore point for Windows 7 & 8 if you think that you may need to revert the changes.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Prepar3D