Prepared Version 2 is getting closer

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Prepared Version 2 is getting closer

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:50 pm

I noticed something interesting when I went to install the FTX Global/Vector/OpenLC Iceland demo

Prepared Version 2 is listed as an option for the demo.

As FSX is getting better and better, we'll soon be getting a new version of Prepar3d. :D

Also noted was this snippet;

spirit_66
"Hi John,
well, never mind but I wonder what will happen when we move to P3D v2 with DX11? If there's a problem with DX10 can it happen that it's also with DX11? I hope the guys at LM eliminated this shader bug."

John Venema
"Yes they have already eliminated that bug specifically for FTX Global in the P3D 2.0 beta, rest assured we worked with them on that"
^-^
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Prepared Version 2 is getting closer

Postby papituwall » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:19 am

P3D V2 is in beta testing at this moment.

But as you have remarked a DirectX11 graphics is required for running this program (not everybody has one).

More info at P3D web: Prepar3D v2.0 Developer Blog – DirectX11

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2013/10/4507/
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby vuk1 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:59 am

There is no question Prepared 3D needs bigger and newer software/hardware new graphic card will be must. I have P3D installed and if I run P3D I get
momentary crashes of the card ( 3 years old ), heaver if I run FSX same plane same flight and set-up there is no problem at all. Now this is P3D 1.4
so will have to see v2.0. Have a hunch if we don't upgrade our PC will be out . I hope they fix that ATC
vuk1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:16 pm

This might be interesting

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/395792-pre ... pointment/

I know its old, but...think about it....
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Prepar3d V2 has in development for quite a while. The Orbx screen shot is the first time that I've actually seen a software producer include it as a choice in a product.

Although considering how little I do buy, that may not be saying much.

But that choice is what gives me hope that it may not be too long in coming.

Unlike software producers, Lockheed Martin isn't counting on selling a flight simulator for income. Whatever problems Prepar3d V2 will have, it won't have any due to it being rushed out the door.

At the beginning of the year I bought the full version of X-Plane 10, and was disappointed. I haven't touched it for about 6-8 months.

Due to what Orbx has recently put out, FTX Global, and what they promise to put out in the next year, I'm enjoying FSX quite a bit more.

If Prepar3d V2 is less than exciting, I won't mind so much.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby striker » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:06 am

Wonder if we'll have to pay for the upgrade if we already bought the 1st version Academic?
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:24 pm

striker wrote:Wonder if we'll have to pay for the upgrade if we already bought the 1st version Academic?

I'm sure that you will. This won't be version 1.5. It's a totally new version.

And from what little news gets out, I think that it'll be significantly better. Just look at this plane from their web site. It could be a real plane.

The flip side of that is that it'll be far more demanding, computer wise. This is intended for commercial use, i.e. companies that can easily afford to spend $6,000 to $10,000+ on a purpose-built computer.

We had best expect to hear a lot of complaining from the flight sim community over the need for computer upgrades.

If the cost is too much, remember - FSX is getting better and better thanks to the add-ons that are out right now, and those that are soon to be released.

Anyone who will settle for something that's only a little bit better than FSX, and avoid possible high cost computer upgrades, had best buy Prepar3d V1.4 while it's still available.

From Wikipedia - Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
"In 2009, Lockheed Martin announced that they had negotiated with Microsoft to purchase the intellectual property (including source code) for the Microsoft ESP product."

I think that LM bought the rights because they wanted to create a virtual world foundation for military, and other, training.

And buying the rights from Microsoft was probably much cheaper than fighting off copyright infringement suites over the likely similarities between FSX and whatever they might develop.

If flight sim enthusiasts do buy it, fine. The teenager who buys a copy now, may be in a position to influence whoever he works for in the future, to buy it for their training needs.

Although the price will go up over time, I see no problem in buying a new version every few years. If the newer version isn't much better, just keep using the older version.

After all, lets face it - How old is FSX? It was first released October 17, 2006!

If MS had released a new version in 2010 or 2011, a lot of us would be using it now.
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby zswobbie1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 am

We are talking about two DIFFERENT products here --- dont confuse & combine the two...

"In 2009, Lockheed Martin announced that they had negotiated with Microsoft to purchase the intellectual property (including source code) for the Microsoft ESP product."

So... Prepar3d is a product based on ESP... It is NOT based on FSX.

So we cannot & must notreally compare the two, as ESP was marketed as a pro product.
So we actually have 3 simulators that we can fly..
FS9 - still going strong
FSX - still in the 'game'
P3d - Let's wait & see what v2 will be like ( based originally on ESP)

PLEASE, for heaven's sake... no armchair lawyers telling us what we can or cannot buy! Enough bumf has been written!
Moderators please note.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:23 am

OK. Sorry to offend.

I think that I now understand. A little.

FSX and ESP are not related in any way other than both pretending to have "flying" objects in a simulated world.

Thank you.

"PLEASE, for heaven's sake... no armchair lawyers telling us what we can or cannot buy! Enough bumf has been written!
Moderators please note."

Dear moderators. I am VERY sorry that I was attempting to practice law on this website, and I promise to restrain myself in the future. :oops:
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby vuk1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:32 am

If you have P3D Academic there will be no cost to upgrade to 2.0 P3D . They made this clear on there Web. <<s
vuk1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby zswobbie1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:50 am

Really???? Huh?? I dont think so.....
A new program, that is not an upgrade, we (with P3D Academic) we gonna get for free?? lol...
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:08 am

No problem & no appologies, OldAirmail.

When I spoke about armchair lawyers, I was talking about the guys that moan about Prepar3d's EULA.. Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment, and we have no plans to enter the entertainment space. The EULAs explain that Prepar3D is to be used for TRAINING & not entertainment, & there has been so much twaddle about who can buy what.

So... FSX - mass market - no more development
ESP - Pro market - no more development
P3D - Pro market. in 3x different versions.. Pro, academic & developer. -- exactly the same program, apart from costs!

So, in my humble opinion, the way to go forward is to go for the Academic version. I have v1.4 with Orbx Global.& it is just so much better than FSX.
Am I going to get v2.0? Dunno yet. Depends on reports once it is released, & if it will run on my laptop.

By the way.. if you go the P3D route, you must have a 64bit operating system with a minimum of 4GB ram. I run P3D on my laptop... far smoother than FSX with equivilant settings & no crashing. I dumped FSX.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:18 am

zswobbie1 wrote:....
... Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment, and we have no plans to enter the entertainment space.

Fantastic! We have an LM employee on SimViation!

Will this, in anyway, become an LM outlet of info? :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby zswobbie1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:34 pm

lol... nah, just trying to help. There's been so much mis-information of a lot of sites & I just thought I'd clarify from what I've read about.
I'm just a sim enthusiast, (FS9, 'Golden Wings' (a regressed version of FS9 - 1930-1940's) & P3D) here in Cape Town.

I'm an instructor with our VA (Cape Virtual) & part of a volunteer group that mentor 60 odd kids ('Young Falcons'), so I try to keep up with what is talked about on the forums. We aslo have built 2x simulators, so I'm trying to keep up with what we can upgrade the software with.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:40 pm

You too can copy this from www.prepar3d.com ... Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment, and we have no plans to enter the entertainment space.

Actually they say... To see which version of Prepar3D® is right for you, please reference the chart on the right. As provided in our End User License Agreement, the Prepar3D application is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product.

http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overvie ... omparison/
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Next

Return to Prepar3D