Does someone have Prepar3d installed?

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

Does someone have Prepar3d installed?

Postby MASABI TROOPER » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Howdy guys, does somebody have prepa3d professional installed allready??.................how does it work with FSX ??...............
Regards
Bruno
Bruno (Trooper)
MASABI TROOPER
Captain
Captain

Re: Does someone have Prepar3d installed?

Postby zswobbie1 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:32 pm

I have Prepar3d Academic installed. Runs a lot smoother than FSX. Can be installed as well as FSX with no conflicts or problems at all. A lot more stable & FSX scenery & aircraft can be installed very easily. Underwater views & missions. Cons with Iris Texan, Just Flight's Connie & P-38. The other default aircraft has been pared down a bit, but just copy what you want over from FSX, such as the F18 (if Acceleration installed), C172 Goose. I have installed Orbx Global. imply amazing now. I have also dumped FSX.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby MASABI TROOPER » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Many thanks zswobbie1 for the response...................I will buy it as soon as possible................

Best regards from Southamerica

Bruno
Bruno (Trooper)
MASABI TROOPER
Captain
Captain

Postby RAFSB » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi Bruno,

I run FS2004,FSX and Prepar3d professional at home. No Problem at all. At our Aerospace Center at CYKF we are now running 20 Pcs with Prepar3d Professional, all are also on our LAN and work just fine.

Peter
RAFSB
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby MASABI TROOPER » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi Peter, thanks for your feedback...............it confirms that i´m doing the right thing............

Very best regards

Bruno
Bruno (Trooper)
MASABI TROOPER
Captain
Captain

Postby MASABI TROOPER » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:27 pm

By the way Peter, i would come back to you if i need any advice or any help.................is that ok for you??

Bruno
Bruno (Trooper)
MASABI TROOPER
Captain
Captain

Postby Huy753 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:51 am

zswobbie1 wrote:I have Prepar3d Academic installed. Runs a lot smoother than FSX. Can be installed as well as FSX with no conflicts or problems at all. A lot more stable & FSX scenery & aircraft can be installed very easily. Underwater views & missions. Cons with Iris Texan, Just Flight's Connie & P-38. The other default aircraft has been pared down a bit, but just copy what you want over from FSX, such as the F18 (if Acceleration installed), C172 Goose. I have installed Orbx Global. imply amazing now. I have also dumped FSX.

Does Prepar3d improve the graphics of Fsx aswell?
Huy753
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:35 am

Well, I also have FTX Global installed as well. It now does seem like a totally different sim as far as graphics go. I'm from South Africa & have installed the freeware Aeroworx scenery & mesh. No conflicts at all. I'm also slowly trying some free Orbx stuff.

Things just seem sharper. A lot smoother than FSX as well.

HOWEVER!! do not try P3d on a 32bit operating system. It runs out of memory VERY quickly. It runs on my laptop, i5, W7, 64 bit, 4GB ram. It OOM's on a i7, W32bit 8GB. (dont ask about the configuration-long story, but will be changed to 64bit soon).

So, yes, go for it. No issues at all. Oh, what I also did was to copy the p3d.exe & rename it fsx.exe (or you can just copy your fsx.exe). This helps (I think) the installations of FSX stuff to find P3d. Maybe it works, but there it sits.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby gregj » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:06 pm

I do... runs great. Better than FSX in my opinion... some things won't convert over to P3D as well as one might like...for instance I can't seem to get the Slap effect http://simviation.com/1/browse-Helicopters-56-0?mark=44563#44563 to work ....
gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Blaunarwal » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 pm

I think p3d has not a better performance than fsx. In the first time, you may think that, but this is only since you have fewer addons installed. If you install a very demanding addon like UTX, you see the frames go down. Mytraffic is not installed too on p3d, so this is very demanding compared to regular ai traffic. It's the same program like fsx and has the same problems. I like the user interface, which has improved a lot.

Dan
Blaunarwal
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:18 am

In my humble opinion, it IS better. It has been optimised as well. It's now version 1.4. A lot smoother than FSX, even with a whole lot of add-ins. I have Orbx Global, Pacific North West, & a huge bunch of planes. I've found as well that I do get slightly higher frames, not that it's too important, it's smoother on lower frames than FSX, with scenery sliders pulled down. Issues? .... maybe longer loading times when changing planes & scenery.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby gregj » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:22 pm

@Bluanarwal

I think that you are mistaken, and while I don't want to pick a fight, one must think about what one says before offering an opinion. If you have P3D and have all ORBX add ons including global and are consistently getting far better frame rates, and zero CTD's or fatal errors (I have had two in 8 months - my fault entirely - do to failed cfg edits._) on the same setup as one has fsx - and the GFX are noticeably better then overall I say it's a win.... :naughty:
gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Blaunarwal » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:45 am

gregj wrote:@Bluanarwal

I think that you are mistaken, and while I don't want to pick a fight, one must think about what one says before offering an opinion. If you have P3D and have all ORBX add ons including global and are consistently getting far better frame rates, and zero CTD's or fatal errors (I have had two in 8 months - my fault entirely - do to failed cfg edits._) on the same setup as one has fsx - and the GFX are noticeably better then overall I say it's a win.... :naughty:

If you don't want to pick a fight, why do you suggest, that I didn't think before I write my opinion. This is a pretty abusive statement. I just want to help people to make a decision. So if your not a shareholder of Lockheed Martin, what is your problem with other opinions?

The high version number 1.4 is to my opinion not a development of the sim enginge, but the GUI and the aircraft and sceneries coming with p3d. And after installing ORBX Scotland, my fsx experience was a lot smother too. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Wales and England, which seem to be more demanding.
Blaunarwal
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:13 am

Well, on my system - i5 laptop I have FS9 running perfectly, Fsx a bit jittery, & P3d so much better & smoother. I dont actually care what version 1.4 has done, the end result is all that counts for me.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby gregj » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:15 am

Clearly, and logically - thought generally involves the process of reviewing others opinions as a means to formulating ones own opinion.

While my original comment may in fact have been perceived as abusive, and that in fact was not my intention; I will state once again, that one cannot logically say that P3D is less of a sim platform than FSX based on the number of converts, the opinions and indeed performance outcomes of those who have chosen to comment.

Framerate hits have to be considered in relationship with complexity of gfx. The stock of P3D is out of the box better than fsx, the scenery from add on vendors, adds to this too be sure, but overall, the performance hit is far less, when coupled with stability. Add to that, in my opinion, the support from LH, (of which I wish I was a shareholder) is far superior than was MS ever.....Moreover, they are exploring depth an area fsx never dared to go.....

P3D, is far superior given that they are looking to capitalize upon the educational nature of the product, as well (and while they won't admit it...the entertainment aspect) they do so by licensing it to users based on the levels they wish to commit their financial resources. The community support is great, and one can even find support over here too, though I am not yet convinced that too many people have converted.....waiting to see how P3D v.2.0 turns out I suppose.....Regardless, if you believe my intention was specifically written to slight you, then continue to think along those lines....it's a free world. I was merely trying to point out that I felt you were being too conclusive with your remark, w/o adding a reason why you felt that way.

Below, a small sample of references.....(both sides of the argument - with reasons/stats and conclusions. There are quite a few topics out there google is your friend...

References
http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-vs-p3d-performance-comparison/

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?251605-FSX-vs-Prepar3d-What-s-your-experience/

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/66334-from-fsx-to-prepar3d/
gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to Prepar3D