prepar3d a flight simulator game?

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

prepar3d a flight simulator game?

Postby bombardier » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:28 pm

after reading all the posts can someone clear this up for me is prepar3d a flight simulator like fsx game? or is it a real fligh simulator for real life situations like becomming an airline pilot.

but anyway it sounds good, what stores are selling this?

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: prepar3d a flight simulator game?

Postby RAFSB » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Prepar3d is a "Training Tool" used by military commercial aviation etc. It's NOT a game. I use it at home and transfer any files I have installed into Prepar3d and transfer them to 17 PCs at out Regional Community Aerospace Facility (RCAF) :). There we use Land Sea and Air combined to do specific missions. It's not a game to me. I have FS2004 and FSX on my PC.

Hope that helps you.
Peter
RAFSB
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby CrashII » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 pm

First of all, FSX, FS9 and older aren't games either. They are simulators. Mario Bros. is a game, same as Pacman. You have to reach a goal in order to win something. Get my point?

Prepar3d is a simulator that runs on the FSX engine. Therefor most FSX planes and scenery can be used in it. However, I believe that it's more expensive than FSX at the moment so why bother?
CrashII
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:09 am

I just had to chuckle to myself when I saw this!!

'First of all, FSX, FS9 and older aren't games either. They are simulators. Mario Bros. is a game, same as Pacman. You have to reach a goal in order to win something. Get my point?

Prepar3d is a simulator that runs on the FSX engine. Therefor most FSX planes and scenery can be used in it. However, I believe that it's more expensive than FSX at the moment so why bother?'

FSX,FS9 & older not games? Here we sit, in our darkened rooms, holding a plastic joystick in our grubby paws,playing a piece of software bought from a corner games/computer/general shop, that came from Microsoft Aces GAMING Studio, that has been discontinued & having a contest on how fancy our rigs are & how many frames we get.
Can I not then also call the 'Hearts' & 'Solitare' games, that came from the same development house, card simulators as well, & moan that these have not been updated since time forgot?

Anyway, CrashII says...why bother with Prepar3d??
We all know that Microsoft has stopped all development of the flight franchises -- No support anymore!!!
Lockheed Martin has 'bought the rights to software, or whatever, & is aggressively marketing their product, that has been updated & tweeked, as a 'training' tool, NOT for entertainment! WE have found that most of FSX stuff works with P3D, with far smoother frame results. Even the water texture effects are far better. I would rather buy something updated from LM than a 'game' from a corner shop.

Just my thoughts that I'm sure will put the cat amongst the pigeons!
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:11 am

Anyway, have a look at www.prepar3d.com for what it's all about. It is available for download from there. Fly safe & happy landings.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby johnman » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Hello Flight Simmers,

If You enjoy Jumping on You - or Your Flight Schools Computer - and taking to the virtual skis - for a flight around the World - the City - Alaska - Where ever - Why is that Not Entertainment - And Why would You Not want to use the best available Program for that Purpose ??

My interpretation of Lockheeds entertainment clause in their Eula is - that the program should be used for a Money making Venture Not Entertainment ??

I enjoy building Virtual aircraft in 3dsMax - Gmax - Fsds 3.5 - and would eventually want to see them fly in P3d - the SDK looks like it is very usable to be able to accomplish this !!

My use of This Program will be on My Home Computer - Developing Aircraft - and Flying around My Favorite spots - In My Favorite Aircraft !! - P3D being My selection for the most satisfying Program to Accomplish this !! - and I guess that's how I will Entertain Myself !

Every body that uses this Program - must enjoy it - and that's Entertainment - Thats My Excuse and I'm Stickin too it !!

Johnman <<q
johnman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:38 am

Johnman says it all!!!!
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby gregj » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:05 pm

If I may? P3D is so much better than FSX in terms of stability and frame rates. There are no crash to desktops....The 9.99 USD per month is so worth it... and topping it off with FTX Global or other compatible sceneries makes this platform the choice for future generations of Flight Simmers... my opinion only I suppose....
gregj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:57 pm

I must be unique, FSX has never crashed on my machine. Ever.

And (aside from the troubles I had after trying to update the new version of REX) has always given me very good FPS.

What Prepar3d is, is a slightly better/updated version of FSX.

In all probability, I will buy into prepar3d. But not until it gets up to version 2. And as much as I hope that it does move up to v2, I'm beginning to wonder if it'll ever do so.

Lockheed Martin released Prepar3d 1.0 in November 2010. . Version 1.4 was released last August (2012). One year ago.

That makes it a .4 (point four) increase in 3 years. Do you think that I should I emphasize that in some way?

This is just a WAG, but I'm willing to bet that far more student pilots have used FSX as a simulator to become licensed pilots in the last 3 years than have used Prepar3d. (And yes, their use of FSX at home probably isn't sanctioned or approved in any way. Just as the use of Prepar3d at home and on a personal computer is not approved.)

That may or may not make FSX the "best" flight simulator. But it does make it a useful simulator used by real students.

If you want the best simulator, be prepared to spend a bit of money.

THIS is a real Boeing 777-200LR flight simulator used by Delta Air Lines in 2010.

As I sit at my desk, I don't care. .Flying in a REAL simulator, as above, or using the flight simulator in my computer doesn't really matter in the end. For me, it's FUN!

The fact that I can not avoid learning something interesting is purely coincidental. Hay! Perhaps I am a student after all!
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby vuk1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 am

P3D> FSX platform naturally technology has improved therefore P3D is better smother and P3D 2.0 is around the corner to be realised .
Download only ." Academic "version is definitely simulator for simmers like most of us here <<s
vuk1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Prepar3D