CE's Q400s in 5.3

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

CE's Q400s in 5.3

Postby Boromir » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi folks, I recently installed Chris Evan's Q400 Horizon and the Air Canada Express packages into P3D 5.3. The problem with both is with the gauges: they do not come alive. I am unable to pinpoint what is not happening. The same panel and gauges works in other aircraft, but nothing comes to life with these aircraft. Anyone (Chris?) have a clue and can offer some things to try? Additionally, using another panel in the aircraft (like a 737 2D) functions partially: the GPS and other pop-up gauges do not work, only the main panel gauges are operating. For 25 years I've been setting up aircraft and never seen this. Also I've swapped some electrical sections from other aircraft into the Q's aircract.cfg but no joy there either.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Greg
Boromir
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: CE's Q400s in 5.3

Postby cevans » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:44 am

Confession time. I also saw that but tested the same panel/vc in another aircraft and thought it must just be a glitch in my sim at that moment as happens sometimes.

I will look at it more now that I have read your post. It's a wierd problem where the same gauges show up in one model but not in another. I think there may be a simple answer.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Boromir » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:47 am

Thank you Chris, I greatly appreciate all the projects you have involved yourself with. I use many of the aircraft packages you have assembled and it always amazes me how you keep going and going and going...

Anyway, good luck in your search ans thanks again.

Greg
Boromir
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cevans » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:03 am

Well I tried all kinds of combinations with the Eagle Rotorcraft conversion but nothing seemed to work. Not even the FSX default CRJ700. Eagle do great conversions.

So I discovered another conversion by Phillipe Marion and he added a Premier Aircraft Design VC and 3d panel and few other things like revised FD, etc.

So I added my textures of both the Horizon and Air Canada Express and asked Pete to remove my 1st uploads and replace them with these which are now live.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Boromir » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:10 am

Thanks for updating this Chris, it works!

best,
Greg
Boromir
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Prepar3D