CFS3 ETO 1.2 Released

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

CFS3 ETO 1.2 Released

Postby Pat_Pattle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:13 am

A major update to the ETO Expansion has been released - ETO 1.2

The ETO expansion is a major freeware update of Microsoft's CFS3 and encompasses in one install many great new features and the best of the freeware community add-ons.

Further than that it also creates five different eras in which to fly, from the Spanish Civil War through the Battle of France and Battle of Britain to D-Day the Battle of the Bulge and on into 1945.

There are over 150 flyable aircraft representing the main and a few of the lesser-known models from the five eras. The list includes types that are not available in any other combat simulator and have been made by some of the best modellers in the community. Flight models are from the respected Av-History team. The aircraft come with a multitude of authentic new weapons and effects and include such goodies as aerial mines and flares.

The scenery has had a complete overhaul with new ground textures and trees which has totally transformed its look and has received many favourable comments.

The UK has been populated with nearly 350 British and American air-force bases, many are authentic reproductions of their real counterparts whilst the others are based on generic patterns. None retain any of the original stock components. Many also change and grow as the war progresses, from grass strips in 1940 to large 3-runway layouts with lines of bombers, troop transports and gliders in 1944. It constitutes what may be the most comprehensive representation of wartime UK airfields in any flight sim to date. Continental airfields have also been re-modelled with future updates planned to bring them to the same standard as the UK ones.
Pat_Pattle
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: CFS3 ETO 1.2 Released

Postby 61_OTU » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:37 am

That looks fun, may have to give that a go  ;)
61_OTU
Major
Major

Postby drstrangelove109 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Good day to everyone.

OK...admitting that I am noob....I am hoping I can get some assistance from one of you professionals out there.

I recently purchased CFS 3 and Firepower and I am now interested in downloading the fairly new ETO 1.2.  (I know that there are 3 different parts to the total download).

I also have most of the AV 1% features, along with some of the planes.

Now, reading through the forums, I understand that I need to uninstall everything and reinstall the CFS 3 from scratch and patch.

I have two questions:

1.)  After patching to 3.1, should I go ahead and still download the Firepower addon and will this mess anything up?

2.)  Secondly, is the ETO mod better than the AV 1% downloads?  Or, is the AV downloads pretty much the same compared to the ETO?

The reason why I ask this is that I don't want to waste time and my current set-up if the ETO is just the same thing compared to the AV History.  Is it worth the while?

Could someone review and let me know your thoughts on this?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dr. Strangelove 109
drstrangelove109
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Pat_Pattle » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:56 am

Hi Doc,

Firts off, you can have multiple installs of cfs3 so you can leave your current one as it is if you have room on your HD.
Last edited by Pat_Pattle on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pat_Pattle
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby IndioBlack » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:53 am

Looks really excellent stuff.
How big a download is it?

I note that you need a patch to import FIREPOWER Heavy Bombers.
I like flying Just Flight's Memphis Belle, because the speedo works, and Firepower's B-17 doesn't. Will I be able to import the Belle?

Are there any missions or Campaigns for Heavy Bombers in the download?

Will missions already written for CFS3 work in this new add-on?

Does an ETO version of CFS3 run faster or slower than the original?

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by IndioBlack on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
IndioBlack
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3