Memory Leaks

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Memory Leaks

Postby dale » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:03 pm

I would like to know how to stop memory leaks because it only happens when I play CFS3.  All the other games run fine but when I start to play it after about the 7 or 8 mission, the games slows down and eventually becomes unplayable.  Any help would be appreciated
dale
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Memory Leaks

Postby ozzy72 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:45 am

How much RAM do you have? And have you defragged your HD recently?

Ozzy
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dale » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:37 pm

I have 256 MB RAM and just last nite before I played the game  I defragged my computer.
dale
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby bobc1 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:03 pm

Hi Dale,

I'm sure you've already thought about adding more RAM, but if you're running CFS3 in WinXP then 256MB of RAM really is the bare minimum. I have minimal programs running in the background and XP uses 110MBs just to run itself. I just looked again while online here and XP is using 160MBs.

Try adding another 256MBs. You can probably buy it for around 40 bucks and all your games and sims will play better.

And if you haven't formatted and clean installed your Operating System lately, it's something that you may want to consider.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Good luck.
Bob
bobc1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Smoke2much » Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:14 pm

If this is the case, the quickest and least labour intensive method would be to quit the game and restart after the 5th or 6th mission.  This will be cheaper than more RAM and less likely to wreck your system, if a little annoying.

It is a trick that I have used very succesfully under Windows ME.

Will ;D
Who switched the lights off?
Smoke2much
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3