Drivers

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Drivers

Postby mike V » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:51 pm

hey what the hell?  when i install cfs3 it says i need to install a driver (no surpirse).  then when i install the driver, it says that my graphics card isnt compatable w/xp. ive installed cfs3 before, but i havent had this problem before.  i havent installed any new cards, this one came with the computer. it said that the card didnt pass the ms logo test, and if i finished installing the driver, it would screw up my computer!  can someone explain this to me and help me fix it (ps:  ive already had someone tell me to do something stupid that screwed up my computer, SO DONT SCREW WITH ME!)
mike V

Re: Drivers

Postby Oso » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:21 pm

I Have XP Pro and have had that happen to me several times. If you continue you will most likely have to reinstall Windows. It generally happens when you do not get all of the old driver out when you removed it.
Oso

Postby mike V » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:41 pm

HEY HOW DO I UNINSTALL THE REST OF THE OLD DRIVER
mike V

Postby Oso » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:21 pm

What worked for me was to go to the devices manager and uninstall my video card and then reboot - XP then uses it's generic driver. When you have the driver ready use it's installer prog if it has one or use the device manager to update the driver - XP will do a quite nice job automatically.
Oso

Postby Professor Brensec » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:37 pm

Do you have integrated graphics?
Do you have Intel graphics chipset.?

If so, see the post in this forum "Intel graphics compatibility"

Even if you don't. I'd say the major graphics manufacturers would have similar product support on their net page.  ;D ;)
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Postby Firefighter » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:41 am

What you need to get is a small prg to remove all the old drivers. It's called "Detonator Destroyer".. I think you can find it on 3d ghuru or something like that... do a search ... ive had more probs with games when I updated the drivers without removing the older ones first. The prog worked great.. most of the problems arise when the older drivers that are in the registry conflict with the newer ones that you install.
Firefighter
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3