Modding XDP files...

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Modding XDP files...

Postby jezheaton » Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:47 pm

Anyone had any luck altering rates of fire, range, time alive or that sort of thing?

I have tried with some success, but I cannot work out how the 'rate' figure calculates in RPM, for instance for the Browning .50, the rate is 12.5. If that is per second then it's 750 rpm, does that sound about right?

BTW, I tried to DL the patch all day and can't, guess the MS server is pretty busy huh?
jezheaton
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Modding XDP files...

Postby jezheaton » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:23 pm

What, NOBODY?????
jezheaton
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby mcsquared » Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:38 pm

If you want to mod the guns, try the CFS3 weapons file.  Ghost Pony has a mod that increases the potency of the 50 caliber browning. ;)
mcsquared
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BFMF » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:13 pm

You can change what type of guns are used. I took the P-40 for CFS3 and changed the gun to something better
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jezheaton » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:04 pm

That is quite good fun actually, I even fitted the Tempest with 16in naval guns, but they were duite disappointing in reality, I expected massive blast and craters and stuff but when I dropped shell next to buildings etc. it doesn't cause any damage - you still have to score a direct hit.

Best combo I found was Tempest with 4 x 57mm Molins from the Mossie.
jezheaton
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Smoke2much » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:48 pm

I have fitted various 'planes with torpedoes and heavier bomb loads, it does tend to affect handling though.

As all of the details of the plane can be altered I am working on a B-17.  You will see a B-26 from the outside but it will have the same range etc as its bigger brother.  I would like to build a G-Max model for it but I am still very bad at that.

Will ;D
Who switched the lights off?
Smoke2much
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3