Missions Wanted

The latest Air Battle game from Microsoft! Running on an entirely new platform, CFS3 is raising it's fair share of problems & opinions - Good & Bad!

Missions Wanted

Postby Fruitbat » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:11 pm

Hi Folks.
I have read that there is a mission builder in the pipeline so I thought I would put in a request for some specific ones.
The Mosquito attack on Amiens prison to release prisoners awaiting Gestapo execution.
The Mosquito attacks on the Gestapo HQs in both Copenhagen and Oslo (I believe)
The Mosquito attacks on the German Battleships in Norwegian Fjords.(Not sure which ships. Possibly Tirpitz and Scharnhorst).

All these attacks were very difficult with the first two requiring pinpoint accuracy.

Sorry they are all Brit missions but they have gone into British folklore thanks to our post-war film industry. If there are Axis missions that deserve recognition then I would love to hear of them.

Fruitbat
Fruitbat
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Missions Wanted

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:48 pm

I never knew of any antiship missions carried out in norway my Mosquitos... If they were carried out then it would have been against the scharnorst and even then unsuccesful because she was sunk towards the end of the war by some british heavies (The last naval engagement in history to involve only big guns). The ameins prison and raids like that will be hard due to the fact that you can't have delayed action bombs which is the biggest let down in the sim.

However, when the mission builder becomes available then I shall look into the possibilitys of these missions and see what I can do.

Now for my requests. Can some one make a Wellington, Stirling and Halifax please. I would like to make a bomber command campaign.

A fellow brit! Woodlouse2002.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Iroquois » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:22 pm

I always liked making missions for my space combat flight sims. Once more scenery and modern aircraft come out for CFS3, I might do a cold war campaign. Or perhaps a war on Iraq  one would be good.
[center]I only pretend to know what I'm talking about. Heck, that's what lawyers, car mechanics, and IT professionals do everyday. ;)
The Rig:
AMD Athlon XP2000+ Palomino, ECS K7S5A 3.1, 1GB PC2700 DDR, Geforce FX5200 128mb, SB Live P
Iroquois
Major
Major

Postby Fruitbat » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:19 pm

Hi Woodlouse.
You are quite correct. I've just done a bit of research and it seems Lancasters of 617 & 9 Squadrons finally destroyed the Tirpitz in Nov. of 1944. My only excuse for this error is that I read the books and watched the films when I was still at first school. (Too many years ago).  My memory has jumbled all the different stories up together. The Mozzy fjord raid I was thinking of was 633 Squadron's attack on a heavy water plant.
Sorry for the errors. I promise I'll check next time before posting.

Fruitbat
Fruitbat
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:38 pm

Thats no problem Fruitbat we all get facts mixed up occasionally. I made a 633 squadron mission for CFS2 but it wasn't reserched and was overall pretty crap.

btw are you going to make that lovely catalina avaliable for CFS3? And if so will it be freeware? It really is a lovely model.

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:36 am

Cheers Woodlouse.
I have just started to look into the conversion. I have a lot of learning to do but hopefully my 3d background (makes me sound like a toon!!!) will help me along the way. It will be freeware. Hopefully I can produce the sim planes as a by-product to my normal market. I am really up for this but I just need the time.
Fruitbat
Fruitbat
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:10 pm

Thankyou!!!

If you havn't made a cockpit for the Cat then I reckon that the stock B25 cockpit will serve just aswell.

Also the news thats its going to be freeware is music to my ears.

P.s. Is there any chance of you making a Stirling or Halifax afterwards?

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:29 pm

We'll see how the Cat goes. If it's ok, I'd love to give the others a go. It would probably be quicker to have someone else do them though.
Fruitbat
Fruitbat
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Airbrat » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:58 pm

If you want missions, why don't you just make your own.  There is a software development kit available on the Combat Flight Simulator 3 Insider website.  Just click tools on there home page.  I tried it.  It works great.

Airbrat
Airbrat

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:41 pm

I'm waiting for the mission builder thanks. The other way sounds too difficult.

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 3